Thursday, December 04, 2008

Back in The Old Pueblo

I arrived here in Tucson yesterday at about 1:30. The APRS map shows me in front of John's cottage, where I paused while he came out to greet me. My cottage is on the next road south of there, over toward the west, just immediately west of the cottage with the red tile roof. The one in the picture is not mine, though, because my awning doesn't cover my whole site. (I can tell that the satellite image of this park was taken in the summertime, because the park is so empty!)

So I've been a busy beaver, getting things moved from the RV into the cottage, getting the cottage cleaned up, taking care of business matters, and answering all of the "how was your summer?" inquiries. I do love the people here!

One of the business matters that I've been working on today was getting the title to the car that Annette has, so that she can own it. I knew that the title was in my Pima safe deposit box, but I didn't remember where the key was. I thought that I knew where it was, but, the place where I thought it was... did not prove to be correct. I searched and searched. I looked in every drawer and cabinet in the cottage. I looked in every drawer and cabinet in the RV. (One would think that I would know every crevice of this RV, after having spent the past 6 months in it!) But the key remained elusive.

I went over to the Credit Union and asked the pleasant woman how one proceeds, should one become unable to find one's key. She checked. $100 to drill out the lock, and more to replace the key! Yikes! Unacceptable, I thought. So I went back home and thought about the key. I remembered the day that I got the box. I remembered that the key was in an envelope with a snap, just like the one that I'd had for my SD box at the IU Credit Union. But the one for Pima, I recalled, was light blue!

I thought about this light blue, and then I could see the envelope, next to something orange. And I knew immediately exactly where it was. I went out to the RV and got into the cabinet where my orange purse was... and there was the key case, with some Tucson-related cards. Why I'd taken the key in the RV, I'm not sure.

Back to the CU and I got the title which was snuggled safely in my SD box! I signed the back and had that notarized.

So, Annette, I have to get the other key from Al and Donna, and then I'll Priority the package to you! I'd say Monday will be your day.

I got most of my clothes put away, but I still have more culling to do, believe it or not. I thought that I'd culled enough in Bloomington, but ... no. I'd forgotten how many things I had here! I have one huge bag ready to take to Goodwill, and I'll likely have another small bag by the time I'm done. Some of the things going to Goodwill are things that I had gotten at Goodwill in Big Rapids. They served me well, but I won't need them now.

62° here right now. 22° in Bloomington, 18° in Big Rapids. Jack went cross-country skiing today and had a very good time of it. I've never cross-country skied, except on a Nordic Track, which Jack says is actually very much like the real thing. Maybe someday I'll join him on the trail. I'd like to. I just miss him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janee,

    I'm happy to read that you made it "home" okay, and that your out-of-gas story turned out well. We've have a strong wind blowing in Dallas from the north ever since you waved at me from Denton! Look what you stirred up.

    Once I went on vacation and hid my jewelry in a blue envelope inside a file cabinet at home. When we returned, it took several fretful nights of thinking hard before I remembered where it was. Glad you found that car key so easily.

    Enjoy the warm air and sunshine.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. Your blog is always interesting to read. I am glad you found the key, too :)

    I will let you know when the package arrives here. I will work on the CU to get the money now and not wait until I turn the other car in 12/29. I will see how that goes.

    I wish you were getting all your things unpacked with Jack in your little place there, but I bet by January, he will be there and you will be beginning a new chapter together.

    Steve still is without a job, but maybe something will turn up soon.

    It is snowing here today and really cold. It is blowing too. I think the windchill is something like 10. So glad you are in the warmth.

    Love and kisses. Sis.

    ReplyDelete