Saturday, December 06, 2008

Roses but no Raindrops

I've been busy, busy with cleaning up the cottage -- the dust of the summer which had settled on things, both inside and out. Actually, the inside was mostly ok, but I had some dog hair to sweep up. I got out the chairs and table for my front patio, and put out the chairs and table for my entry deck.

Then I set about clearing some space in my closets, cabinets, and drawers, just in case *someone* should be coming to live with me. Hey, I don't know; it could happen! In any event, it was time to clear out stuff that I don't need anymore, things that I replaced when I went shopping with Jack in Traverse City, for example!

I found that I had two kitchen scales and two small Cuisinart food choppers, so I gave away one of each of these. And I gave away an RV thing that we'd gotten for our big RV, but which I do not need for this little one. So now I have some cabinets the way I like them: empty! :)

Yesterday was computer club, and it was somewhat disorganized, as the meetings tend to be early in the season. I'm happy that we have interest in having some programs, though, and we're going to form interest groups, rather as we did when I was program chair. The point is that the only person learning from someone getting up and talking about a topic is the person who's doing the talking! So our groups will get together and research a topic and develop a presentation from the research they've done. We'll all have our computers with us, so we can be following along.

Today I went with John and his dog Sam to Randolph Park. Sam and I did a quick walk about, while John waited. After my walk, I went back, found John, and we all went and did a tour of the Rose Garden, which is lovely right now. The funny thing is that, of all the many times that Michael and I went to that park and walked around the Rose Garden, never were the roses in full bloom, but now they are! I can't imagine that we had not walked there in early December! I know.. where are the photos? Someone didn't think to bring her camera!

3 comments:

  1. What a perfectly lovely excuse to make a return visit to the rose garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis:

    The roses here are in full bloom too. Well, if you like brown sticks with thorns on them. It is all about perspective, right? LOL. I bet you never noticed the roses in bloom because Michael was there and you were just enjoying each other's company too much :)

    Sounds like you are making good progress on making the place homy. I still haven't put up the tree. I know, lazy buns...I will get it up soon, maybe yet today.

    I have the blinds opened on the south side of the house for some good 'ol solar heat. The sun is actually out today and although it is only 10 outside, it is warm in here.

    Love you...miss you...Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now now one of these days you will need a "bus" again ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete