Monday, January 12, 2009

A couple of good days

Saturday night, we went with a group to Sauce, to celebrate Al's birthday. A good time was had by all of us, sitting at a very long table through the middle of the restaurant. Most of the rest of them went to a movie afterwards, but we didn't have our tickets, the line was daunting, and so we decided to just mill around the stores instead.

Yesterday was Sunday, and we went to the St. John of the Desert church -- a nice place with an affable pastor and congregation. This was our second visit at this church, and Pastor Bruce actually remembered our names. After the service, we stayed after and helped to put away the Christmas decorations and to clean up the straw that was all over the stage. Mangers are messy! LOL!

We went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes, and that was good, as always. It seems as if we're always shopping, and yesterday was no exception, finding us at Performance Bicycle, among other places. Jack's angling for a new bike, but he has to get his other one paid off, first! LOL! We were chuckling about how he's "upside down" on his bike.

Last night we had leftover Janee-fried chicken for supper, along with brussels sprouts (which Jack now likes!), green beans, and a nice salad. We'd had the first run of chicken on Friday night, when John joined us for a feast on our new table.

I'm glad you guys liked my photos from the hikes. As always, I love the feedback!

We're working ydy and today, and probably for some days in the foreseeable future, on getting Jack's stuff cleaned up off the deck. He had to move out of where he had been living in a hurry, so things are sort of piled up outside, till we can figure out what has to be thrown away, what has to be given away, and what we will be able to make room for. The shed that we built is small, but it's going to do fine for all of Jack's tools and for our two good bikes, which we've hung from the ceiling in an arrangement we engineered just last evening. Those of you who know me well, know that I don't do well with clutter or just too much stuff in general. So .. this has been a difficult period for me, with all this *stuff* around, but I'm striving for patience.


3 comments:

  1. You should be glad you are there. It is FREEZING in Bloomington.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis...it is just plain stupid cold here. It got down to -20 out here in the country last night - actual temp!! That is just not right. The sun is out and it is now "warm" - up to -2 at 11!!

    Boy, I hate to watch the news these days. So many people out of work. I almost think the news is part of the problem, though. We need to shut the TV off and just live. I think that would help. No job for Steve in the near future and Mike next door is out of work as of 1/30. The people that live next to them on the west side - he lost his job a month ago and his wife doesn't work. They said they might have to move soon. :( It is depressing. Mike has had some interviews, but nothing comes through. I think his name hurts him - if you get what I mean. SAD.

    Well, I am home - took a vacation day - and just hanging out in my nightgown. I need to clean house, but don't want to. Maybe I just won't. :)

    Love you! Stay cool and I will try to stay warm. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I always have to try twice before my posts post even though I know I typed the write letters in. It is consistent...2 times each time. Don't know what I am doing wrong, but maybe it is something wrong with the blog? Is anyone else getting that?

    ReplyDelete