Thursday, February 26, 2009

Flowers for you

Today was another warm day in Tucson, with the high probably reaching into the upper 70's by the middle of the afternoon. We slept late, and then enjoyed Jack's omelets. I made it to choir practice just in time (10 am!)

I am really enjoying choir. I've always loved singing, and singing as part of a great group of people dedicated to making good music brings me smiles. We're getting ready for a concert here in the Village in mid-March.

After choir, I went to Smania's to check on Jack's progress. He had the railings underway and he and Pete were working on sliding the balusters into the drilled holes. And I went then to tend the laundry, which Jack had begun while I was at choir. :)

Then it was back to the deck, where Jack and I worked further on the railings. I did some wood putty work and sanding of the top railing. The deck is looking very good.

I chose to miss Foto Fun again this week. I'm just over-scheduled, and I wanted to do things that I wanted to do today. Part of what I wanted to do today was to get some photos up on my blog. These are from our California jaunt.

Here's Jack with Becky:



And with me:


This is the food I feasted upon at Disneyland:


This is the artist's area we enjoyed in Balboa Park:


And here are some flower photos. Some of these were from the Disney parks, and the others were from Balboa Park in San Diego:









2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janee,

    I enjoy following your adventures, and am delighted that you're having such fun. Your photos are great. Love those flowers! We have new kitties and I've taken a zillion pictures of them for my Smugmug site. Someone remarked that my house looks really clean, and I admitted "Photoshop/myjanee.com."

    Keep having fun!

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. Love the pictures of the flowers...you guys, too. :) You both look great and very happy.

    All is going ok here. Steve still can't find a job and even the temp market has dried up. But, we might be having some renters helping us with our house payments. Just never know what you might think about doing when you have 4 bedrooms and 3 are empty! :)

    The dog is next to me snoring on the couch and it is making me wish I were in bed. Maybe instead of doing facebook and chatting on here, I should just go to bed.

    House cleaning day tomorrow - fun! It is supposed to snow a little, too. Maybe I will just sit in my jammies and watch the day go by.

    Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete