Saturday, February 28, 2009

New uses for hand cream

I guess I should be laughing about it. Someone has decided that a good use of hand cream is ... smearing it on my car! This person skulks about in the dead of night -- sometime between midnight and 6 am -- and perpetrates this sort of mischief. I've decided that I am not going to sit idly by, but rather have bought a security camera just today, and I'm going to set the thing up and figure out for sure who's doing this. This is the 4th time that I've found stuff on my car. I've taken photos and reported it to park management.

On a happy note, we finished the deck today! It looks great and Jack and I are both very proud of it. We're going to be doing a back staircase for them next week.

We went tonight to a church group function -- game night -- at the home of Georgia and Howard. Great house and a wonderful time. I played Outburst and Mexican Train, both great games! They were also playing Sequence and Rummicube. Everyone brought some finger food, so we had a time of just eating and talking before the games began. We brought chicken breasts rolled up with mozzarella and herbed butter breaded and friend and then baked in a butter-wine sauce. People loved it!

I brought an orange-almond chocolate trifle to Robert & Mike's party last evening. It was great. I love making trifles!

5 comments:

  1. Well your car should be nice and soft by now ;-)

    ray kb9kgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could leave a container of car wax & a cloth out there for them to do the job correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you mean to say "Michael and I"?

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey sis...I like the idea of the car wax and a cloth. When you get the video, you be sure to post it for us. What a stupid thing for someone to do, but a bit unnerving at that.

    We have spring bulbs coming up all over the place...how fun is that. Since we didn't know they were there, they are all surprises to us.

    I have another busy week at work this week. I will be glad if there could be some times when I could actually come up for air and work 8 hours a day instead of 10+. I think I need to find a way to get away from work for a while, but I don't know how to do that when Steve doesn't work. I think I could use a good couple of months off. No such luck for now.

    The kids are all growing like weeds and cute as buttons.

    When are you guys heading back this way? Just curious.

    Love you. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Duh, Lynell, of course you're right that I meant to say "Jack and I," though I'm sure that Michael would be well-pleased, too. LOL!

    Annette, we are not sure when we are coming eastward, but we're thinking that we'll hit Indiana in mid-May. You're not just a wee bit biased about those kids, are you? ;)

    ReplyDelete