Sunday, April 05, 2009

Making the Deal

I did it! I made the deal ydy for a new motorhome! It's very much like the one that I've enjoyed for the past 2 years, the one in which Michael and I left here in 2007. In that RV, Michael and I went east, visiting Auntie Dots and Dave that summer of 2007. That's the RV in which I came back here alone in the fall of 2007, returned to Indiana the following spring, went to Michigan in the summer of 2008, and then returned here to Tucson in the fall of 2008.

The differences, however, are going to be profound for me, for us. There is a sofa (which makes into a comfy bed) and a dinette. The sofa is in a slide-out, so there's lots more room to just move around. The interior decor is beautiful, in taupe, candy-apple red, and light yellow. The wood is washed maple, light in color, which I love.

Storage space will be at a premium, so we'll have to choose our provisions carefully, but I'm pretty good at that. There are some other things that I'm looking forward to, like having a single wastewater termination point on the rig; the one that I have now has two separate ports for gray and black water.

I may just keep the overhead bed for now, anyway, so that I can store stuff up there, as Annie said in the comments from yesterday. Ray, yes.. LOL you're right about those sea scenes in the windows!

So they are going to call me tomorrow, at which time we'll set up a day and time to do the transfer. In the meantime, I have to get the RV emptied of all the things that I don't want to take along. When we go to do the transfer, I can take things like dishes and such out of the old one and put them into the new one. They will have some things to transfer in the service department, too.

I got my mail finally yesterday, and .. what a nightmare! Bills and important tax papers and Christmas cards, oh my!

Church was good this morning, Palm Sunday, and we enjoyed a lunch at Sweet Tomatoes afterward.

This afternoon, Jack did laundry as I assembled a strawberry shortcake trifle to take to Harold and Kathy's party in their new house. What fun that was! Jack and I walked over there, probably about a mile from here. Food was great and conversation easy. Then we watched the DVD of "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" I love that movie!

4 comments:

  1. You'll love it! We just spent 6 weeks in ours...3 weeks in Yuma, a couple of nights in Casa Grande, 5 nights in Sierra Vista and 2 weeks in Cottonwood/Sadona. We too had a 2006 that we traded in for the '08 (was also an H). There isn't quite as much storage in the 2008, but we find that it works. Have fun!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you get the aprs transfered ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. did they call you back with a deal the next day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you need to plan on being in Bloomington June 27 and 28. Field day!!!!!!!

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete