Friday, March 12, 2010

Contest Photos

This is my photo of the day for today. :) I liked the water on the formerly parched lake bottom and the tree reflections. I took this at Agua Caliente.

Here are the 3 photos I entered in the photo contest. This one got "honorable mention":

This one made it through the first 2 rounds of judging:

This one, which I love so much that I use it as my desktop background, made it through the 1st round, but was dismissed because the lighting is "too harsh."





I have to learn to laugh at this. I used to do photo contests all the time and there were many that I didn't win. I'm not sure why this one was so important. Maybe it's because the photos were "real," printed images, and not "just" online submissions. Maybe it's because this one is once a year. I don't know. I do know that I really wanted to win.

Today we had choir practice again, and our concert is coming together nicely.

After choir, Jack and I worked on building the podium for the choir director. It turned out great, with a carpeted top and a little edge around the top, so that she'll know when she's close to the edge. Fun project!

We went shopping and laid in supplies for dinner tonight and for the pitch-in we're going to tomorrow. Tomorrow promises to be a big day, so I'm off to bed!








2 comments:

  1. What's a "pitch-in"? As far as the photo contest, we all wanted to win. But, alas, there were only 6. Honorable mention is good. I was happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment on the judging of this photo contest...ahem. Never mind. Keep shooting!

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete