Thursday, March 11, 2010

I shot this photo at the Petroleum Museum in Midland, Texas.

Can you even imagine how good the photos in the contest were, with my not winning with even one photo? Jack did have a winner. I'm bummed about it, because I worked hard -- choosing, printing, matting, labeling -- and thought that my stuff was great. One never knows what an individual judge looks at, they say. If you love it, it's great, they say. "Platitudes," I say. I wanted to WIN! Nuts.

While putting away some clothes in the laundry room, I reached under my jammies and was stung by a bee which had thought my jammies a comfy place to rest, I suppose. And it hurt a lot! My hand is still sort of swollen where he stung, and it's sore, but I think that I'm going to survive.

Choir practice went well. We're rehearsing for our show on Sunday. It's a benefit for the Smile Train -- a charity which sends and trains medical personel to repair cleft palates in poor children. What a great thing it is to sing for such a wonderful cause!

Jack and I went to celebrate his happy photo win at the Claim Jumper, where we dined on a sumptious feast. I love that restaurant, with its varied menu, great food, beautiful presentations, and neat ambience.

4 comments:

  1. Show us the pictures you entered ----

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about posting Jack's winning photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Janee,

    I had heard of ants in the pants, but this is the first time for bees in the jammies. I hope you pull through this trauma. I once mashed a vindictive asp (southern bug) that languished on the garage door handle. Ow!

    Don't let the photo contest discourage you. Your pictures and artistic eye are excellent!

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, all! I have posted my entered pics before, and I'll try to find the links. Jack doesn't have his online yet.

    ReplyDelete