Monday, September 20, 2010

Still getting ready

Well... Tuesday's tomorrow! The goal is to leave tomorrow for our journey, but ... I'm hopeful that we are ready enough to make the break to get out of town. While Tuesday is the goal, there are no rules about how early we have to leave or how far we have to go!

I was hopeful that I'd have my computer all set up with my programs and files, but the Seagate, while it did work, has proven to be a slow way to migrate my files. I got a USB wire thing today and I'll try that, but, because this has not been done yet, I'll be dragging along BOTH computers. Sheesh. And, after a few days of the little mouse working perfectly on this new computer, this evening, it's not working at all.

The Big Rapids stuff is winding down. Today we did recycling from both our houses, and then went to Dianne's and took back the wood that didn't get used for her project. We went and got our kayaks from Harold's house and stored them. And we went to a party Harold had for the Tucson folks. Good fun!

Jack's done some nifty building projects in the past few days. He built me a knife block for my drawer, and it's neat! He made a support for the bed to make it more substantial, and he is working on a little headboard. It's just about done.

The RV and car have been serviced, the mail's been handled, the trash has been stopped at both of our houses. We've done some laundry, and have a bit more to do, including towels. We have yet to do all of the shoving of things into the RV, and that's really just about it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis...long time no talk...well, it feels like a long time anyway. We are just both too busy :) I hope you have a great trip and enjoy every minute of it! Love you guys. Keep us updated where you are and what you are doing. Don't forget to cram that camera in somewhere. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, Have a wonderful trip back to Tucson.

    ReplyDelete