Friday, January 04, 2013

A Really Simple Tip

This tip is so simple that I am embarrassed that it took me over 50 years to come up with it. I do so hope that I'm not the first, but here goes. I don't care for the throw-away aspect of Dixie cups, so for many years, I've kept a water glass in my bathroom. And after some time, my glass gets ... disgusting ...with lime scale or whatever that is on the bottom. Washing it does not take off that scale. (I am actually laughing out loud as I write this.)

So I came up with this new habit. I got rid of my old glass and went out and bought a sparkling NEW water glass, in exactly the right size and a style I like, for $1 at Goodwill. Now, after I have my drink of water, I take my face towel (which is always clean) and just swish it around and dry the inside of my glass. Shazam! No more of that disgusting deposit on the bottom. Ever. Of course I still wash the glass now and then, but it's never really dirty anymore! Yay me! (Still laughing)

Ok, so while I'm here, I'll tell you another late-in-coming bathroom tip. I got one of those stand-up paper towel dispensers and I keep a roll of paper towel under my sink. This is handy for a quick cleanup. It takes me forever to go through a roll, but it's just handy when I want it.

Ok so yesterday was good. Any day that I have peanut butter with apple slices on Wasa Toast for lunch is a good day! Jack's pacemaker checkup was fine, although it is a little unsettling for me to watch the tech speed up his heartrate and slow it down, all with the push of a button. I mean... what if you made that guy mad? What power he has!

Last evening, we went to see Les Miserables with two other couples, and it was great. Acting and music were fabulous, and there was just a lot of mud but not too much gratuitous violence. The movie has me wanting to learn more about the French Revolution, about which I know nothing. (I know pathetically little about world history, a fact which I am merely confessing and do not hold among my matters of pride.)

After the movie, we went to Freddie's Steakburgers, where I shared in some chili cheese fries and did not share in my Hawaiian Sundae. Funny how the scale registered that stuff immediately. I know that it takes more than an evening of wanton snacking to add measurable weight, but the scale was just cruel to me this morning. I won't slather the peanut butter on so thickly today. ;)

1 comment: