Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Lent began for me on a very busy note. We went to the short Ash Wednesday service at church, followed by our exercise class with Greg. Class was good, though it was hard. I guess hard is good, when it comes to exercise.

Then I showered and went to Jan's for lunch with the girls. Lunch was delish, as hers always are, and we had a good time playing cards till late afternoon.

Next I went over to help with the Sawmill Spaghetti Supper. I was serving plates of spaghetti, and that's a fun thing to do.

And then came church choir practice. It doesn't seem like much when I talk about it on here, but it was a busy day!

And I made this little bit of art:


I did this by making two angle gradients on different layers and blending them with Blending Modes. Then I made the cross using two reflected gradients in Difference Mode, and blended this into the background gradient layers.

I finished it by rounding the cross ends with a Layer Mask, deleting the black background, and applying a purple Outer Glow using Layer Effects.

I like the starkness of the primary colors, the surprising bits of green and yellow, and that haunting purple glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment