Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dusty and cold


Well, I am officially tired of winter and can hardly wait till mid-spring when we'll head back eastward. Hopefully it will be warmer by then. Today was bright and sunny but the air had a funny whitishness to it because of the dust which was stirred up by the fierce winds. That along with a high temp in the 40's lent a distinctly wintry feeling to the day.

Today's service was about courage and I liked it. We didn't focus so much on "don't be afraid," as on "don't worry; just do."

I was reminded of when I was faced with Michael's illness and with losing him and how I dealt with all of that. Someone told me in those days, "Do what's next." I really liked that. It gave me a kind of peace. I know that I helped to make his life good and I helped to make his dying good, too. I came through for him. And, though I was scared some of the time, I did what was next, kept us going, and retained my courage.

Before church, I was talking about how I'd learned to play the penny whistle this winter, and Pastor Lesley asked me if I'd play for the offertory on 3/17. Somehow I felt the...courage ...and agreed to do that. :-) I had an extra-long and good practice session today.

Location : Gila, Tucson, AZ 85710,

No comments:

Post a Comment