Saturday, February 23, 2013

Southwestminster Dog Show


Far Horizons had its first ever (that I know of) dog show today!  There must have been 40 dogs with their people. I was one of the 5 judges, choosing the best dogs in breed categories (including unknown and mixed breeds), best costume, best tricks, and best personality. The day was splendid, and the best dogs walked off with medals, toys, and treats.

Afterward, they offered hotdog, chips, and drinks for $2, with proceeds going to the humane association. I so love this park, and I am very proud to have been part of this cool activity.

While I realize that I'm not in a good position to have a dog in my life now, I love dogs and will always carry my 4 dogs Alex, Nicky, Penny, and Maddy in my heart. I'm also thinking today about my friends John and MaryAnn and their dear Samantha. Someday I'll have another dog.

Location : E Centrepark Dr, Tucson, AZ 85710,

No comments:

Post a Comment