Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Bluebird

I finally have something of my own creation to post. This is not a photo, but is a digital painting. Most of it is done with a 1-pixel-wide brush, in Photoshop. I used a photo from the internet as my model.
This is a style called photo-realism, in which my goal is to come as close to getting all the details as I can, within a reasonable time frame. I add that last qualifier, because I know that I could always get more detail, if I didn't care how much time I put into it.

The show went well last night. While it was not a sell-out, the people who did come had a really good time. One more night, and then it's back to real life, whatever that is.

Today I got onto Facebook for the first time in several days. (Aren't we entitled to a break from social media from time to time?) Lots happened without my being aware. I have spent most of my life being disappointed in my family's secret-keeping. I guess now is just another one of those times.

Anyway, I hope you like my bluebird!

3 comments: