Saturday, March 09, 2013

Somewhere in outer space


LoL I'm not sure whence that title sprang. Today was cold, rainy, and windy here in the valley. Urf. I'm starting to think earnestly about spring and summer.

This morning began differently! Jack and I opted to go early to the mall to walk, since it was so icky out. And after a pleasantly brisk walk about, we had breakfast at The Good Egg.

Then I went home and read Jonathan Livingston Seagull in its entirety-- first time I'd read it. I'm probably the last person who had never read it, but that's fixed now. Cute book with a strong message about dreaming and doing. ..or at least that's how I read it. I always wonder if authors really intend for us to get all these fancy messages from their works.

This afternoon was the Michigan party, and it was fun. We did the tables by pushing 3 rectangles together to make a square. Twelve people sat around each, making for lively and inclusive conversation. Jack was in charge of it and that's the last thing that he's in charge of for awhile.

Location : E Centrepark Dr, Tucson, AZ 85710,

2 comments:

  1. Can't figure out how 3 rectangles make a square. A triangle easy, but a square. Please enlighten me. :)

    Love, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rectangles are in a row, long sides touching other long sides. Like this: |||

      Delete