Monday, June 26, 2006

I went to the opthamologist's office today and the doc discovered that I don't indeed have a detached retina. But what I did have is an retinal ischemia.

What this means is that I had a little blood clot in an artery which feeds my retina. It is an event like a stroke... except in my retina instead of my brain. The good news is that the blind spot may well get better.

But the bad news is that now I have to go in for tests and find out what caused me to have this little "eye stroke." Early tomorrow morning, I'll go to get blood drawn. Then in the afternoon, I'll have an echocardiogram and some other things.

For now I'm off the hormone replacement patch and I'm back on the baby aspirin.

1 comment:

  1. - when at work, I do this anonymously -

    Hey, Sis. Sorry to hear about the eye thing. Please let us know how it goes.

    The pictures are great. Of course the subject matter is hard to mess up! There are some here which we will probably want more of as soon as we get around to it.

    Adam was in the hospital last night - haven't heard for sure, but at 10 it was looking like gallbladder issues! Can you believe that? Sort of funny with Lisa's issues, too. I will find out for sure here in a little bit.

    Good luck with the tests - buzz me in email or phone when you find out.

    Love ya. Sis.

    ReplyDelete