Monday, December 03, 2007

Errand Day

After staying up last night till about 2am, I got up relatively early today to go and have breakfast with Leatha and Bob at the Good Egg. Yum! I've discovered that I go nuts for their pancakes!

Today I did a bunch of business and errands. I even combined my walk with errands, going to pay my electric bill and mail a letter (at the gate house 1/2 mile from my cottage) and going to PetSmart with Maddy (another mile from the gate house). I finished my walk with some ups and downs on the roads through the park. The weird thing about this walk is that Dave was in his car and didn't want to talk, so I had only Maddy to talk with.

I took Maddy home and then went to the clubhouse. I had to tell BJ that I'd decided NOT to sell my Garmin (to upgrade to the newest model) right now. She was fine with that. I also turned in my site plan for the improvements that I am hoping to make in my landscaping.

I went then to get some things at Ace and Wal*mart. I got a shutoff for my shower head to save hot water. And I got some caulk to do some little trimming around the joints between the horizontals and verticals in the cottage.

And I went and got one of those air brush things that Lynell suggested! YAY! Tomorrow I get to try it out and I'm stoked.

I served leftover bbq beef brisket on cinnamon raisin bread for supper, and it was surprisingly delicious! The raisins and cinnamon provided a delightful counterbalance to the spicy beef, and the textures combined to create interest and excitement.... Well, ok, so it wasn't the best, but I did use the leftovers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    I think you did alot of running, well walking, today. I should have called, and would have if I'd known that Dave was busy and you were talking to Maddy. I know she's smart, but if she answered you back, that would get you a million on some reality show.

    I loved the pictures you took the other day, and your hair looked great in the pics taken in the salon. If you got a circular brush, I'll bet it still looks good. Mine is sticking straight up, and I'm not hot on "moosing" it. I guess I'm just getting too old.

    Have a great day!

    Love,

    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Janee,

    Just checked in with your blog, and LOVE your new cut. Very youthful and nice. Your day today wore me out -- so much trotting around town on foot. Good for you, I say.

    You must come through Dallas soon so you can admire my new back door. It was our Hanukkah present to one another -- ha! This one's secure and seals out the cold/hot. Took three strong young guys two hours to install it perfectly. I chortle to think that the man at Home Depot suggested we install it ourselves. What folly.

    Good luck with your new hair toy tomorrow. Let your hair get almost dry before you use it. Hope you like it.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete