Friday, December 07, 2007

A Package of Packages

I finally opened my package last evening, and it was full of .. packages! Thank you, Robert and Molly, for these prezzies! The only one that I opened is the rice krispie treats, and I've already eaten half of them. The wrapped presents are under my little tree till Christmas. :)

I walked early this morning, before Computer Club. I told the group that I have decided not to chair the club's fund-raising dinner, and felt very relieved that I got out of that.

I rode my bike around the park, checking on some people, and enjoyed that. It was a little cooler today, with a high of around 72.

I asked at the office about my site plan. I think that "the man" may come tomorrow, and I'll get to see him and make my pitch for my plan. So continue to keep your fingers crossed for me!

I got an email yesterday from a book publisher. The editor was writing to see if I were interested in doing a book. :) I think I will, but there are more details to be discussed, of course. And I'll probably have to sign a confidentiality agreement which would preclude my further discussion of all of this. I will let you know if I do get the gig!

John and I did some shopping today and I was looking for a watch with a movable bezel. I had no joy in my search, but we did have a good time with the crowds. ;)

I went to Harold & Kathy's, where nearly the whole "Rodeo Drive" neighborhood was enjoying cocktails and snacks. Then most of us went to the movie at the clubhouse -- Hairspray. It was funny and good and I enjoyed it.

I spent the rest of my Friday evening paying bills with my online bill paying while watching HGTV. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea! A book! I hope you do it. You're such a good writer, and you know how to cram Photoshop into slow learners (like myself.)

    Before you start to write, practice for your "the author at home" portrait for the back cover. Maybe wear something velvet and pose in the library. Don't have a library in the cabin? Well, you have Photoshop!

    I'm glad you're doing well.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete