Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hiking up Tanque Verde Ridge

I have always loved hiking, and hiking the Tanque Verde Ridge trail has always been challenging, but fun. Today, though, it was less fun because the leader of our group went too fast. I'm not famous for being very strong, but I can do a difficult hike if I do it with "slow and steady" pacing.

I'm going to keep hiking, but I think that I'll go on my own hikes or with friends, and not try to fit myself into the club's pace. There. I feel better now.

So what I did today was to stop about 15 minutes before I'd have gotten to the dome (where everyone else had lunch and then turned back). Then I turned back, babying my knees down the hill. And my knees didn't hurt then or now. So yay, me!

It was great to talk to Dave today after I got back from hiking. No matter how disturbed I am by whatever happens, Dave always understands and lets me talk. :)

Hey! I got a bike! George had a bike that he didn't want or need and he gave it to me! It's blue and one-speed, coaster brakes, and it'll be perfect for running around the park to get mail, etc.. I wonder if a person has to wear a helmet when riding a one-speed bike with coaster brakes? I don't think so. I never wore a helmet the last time I rode a blue one-speed with coaster brakes! (Annette, remember the bike hikes to Clinton Falls?) I think that I'll have baskets put on and write my name on the bike with pink nail polish.

2 comments:

  1. Janee, it was good to get an email from you today. I'll be watching for the new classes. I think I'm about ready to pick up my 'paintbrush' again. I ordered a new computer this week, so it will be easier (hopefully) :)

    Blessings,
    Diane (fuzzydi - from the old LVS days)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sis. Boy, do I remember that bike ride! I am still amazed we did that and it was such an adventure.

    I love your haircut. I have been thinking of growing mine out a little bit, but not sure what to do with it until then, you know...I will probably get sick of it and chop it off again.

    What are your Christmas plans? Maybe you told me and I have forgotten (that happens sometimes). I haven't put up my tree yet and must get that done this weekend.

    I think your little place out there is nice and with the new patio, it will be even better. Take pictures as it goes along so we can see the progress from here.

    Love and kisses from Indy. Sis.

    ReplyDelete