Thursday, December 06, 2007

Happy Thursday

Today was a really fun day. I started with an early walk in the Pantano River Park. I rode around the park a few times on my new bike, pausing to talk to people I know, and I always love doing that. I took my trash and recycling. I did not vacuum my house. I did not work on the computer. I did not do laundry.

This afternoon, I did more riding around, this time getting the mail. There was a note that I had a package at the gate! So I grabbed my backpack (since I don't have baskets for my bike yet) and rode up to the gate. JoAnn was there, and told me that George had already taken my package to deliver to me!

I stopped and talked to Debbie and Richard, a couple of self-described hippies, who were parked on Entrada, near where Michael and I were our first time here. (It feels funny to talk to people who never knew Michael. I feel like I have to tell them everything about him, since they didn't know him.) By the time I got home, my package was on my deck!

And, before I could even open the package, it was time for me to get ready to go!
We sort of dressed up a bit to go to the dinner/theater. Rob, Ione, Harold, Kathy, Vicky, Earl, and I went to the Gaslight Theater where they were doing Scrooge, along with another musical comedy production about a redneck Christmas. We had pizza and ice cream, and we laughed and laughed!

Oh, and did I mention that we had a high of 77 today? (That is 11° above normal.)

I didn't get my expected look at my site plan today, because the park owner didn't make it to town. I'm hoping for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    Sorry I haven't written in awhile, but I just haven't felt like going on line. Now I have dozenz of trash emails to delete before reading.

    It sounds like you had a great day. I envy the temperature. It is just awful here. I MISS LA! Yesterday there was 2 or 3 inches of snow in Indy, and right now it is raining here. By morning it will be ICE!

    I hope the play was good.

    I'll talk to you soon. It's free.

    Love you,

    Me

    ReplyDelete