Friday, December 21, 2007

Fun, Furniture, and Foibles

Well, ok, so I don't know what a "foible" is, but at this hour, I don't care. It starts with "f" so it fit.

Go now and read the Where's Myx posting for today. My buddy Dave is doing this to promote his new book, Miracle Myx, and .. well, I just love it! Dave's getting some really superb reviews for his debut novel from some high-power people and I cannot wait till his book hits the streets! After you read his posting, come back here with the back button, since Dave doesn't have a link back to me... yet! I'll wait here.

...

Today got off to a slow start, because it was chilly out and I hung out at home till it got warmer.

Once it got warm, though, I had a fun day. I rode my bike around the park, got my permit for my construction, talked to the concrete guy and to the awning man, and I'm all set for having concrete formed this weekend and poured on Wednesday. I'll have the awning done just after the first of the year after the concrete is all done. Yay! Things are moving.

I have been getting neat gifts and I'm happy. I'm assembling them under my little tree and this makes me smile many times each day. The gift I got today was from Harry & David and included pears, an apple, nuts, jam, sausage, and my favorite thing -- Moose Munch!

I also got part of my furniture order! I had ordered a new dining set with a table and 2 swivel stools, but the table is on backorder. I also ordered an ottoman with a hinged top. The stools and ottoman are both in eggplant (purple) and they are beautiful! I need a purple throw for the back of the couch to complete the color coordination. I also need to make some art to tie all of this together. My colors are from a desert scene that I've conjured in my mind: Saguaro Green, Prickly Pear Purple, and Mica Silver. My style is contemporary. I love this little cottage so much!

So anyway, I assembled the chairs and they work. The only thing is that they are just a little taller than I thought that they would be, and so I have decided that I want the table at counter height rather than chair height. The stools are adjustable and so they will go higher, but not low enough for the chair height table. Since the other table is on back order anyway, I suspect that exchanging for the taller one won't be a problem. I had tossed around the idea of a slightly higher table anyway.

I went out this evening with a large group of women from the park. The group was headed by Ruth Anne, who actually used to live in this park, but has since moved into another neighborhood. Her sisters live in the park, though. There were probably 10 of us in all.

We went to the Reid Park Zoo, to see the lights. It was really lovely, but I wished that we could see the animals too. I bought a membership so that I can go back in the daytime whenever I want. :)

Afterwards, we went back to Ruth Anne's and had some eats and drinks and lots of laughs, talking about our embarrassing moments and other stories. I was happy to be included in this merry band!

1 comment:

  1. Janee,

    Your place is really coming together! I have eggplant (aubergine?) pillows and a throw. Got 'em at T J Maxx, my favorite store for treasure hunting.

    Love that Myx!

    Have a happy day.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete