Monday, December 17, 2007

Super-Fine

It was a super-fine day here today in Tucson! Right now I'm looking at the temps in Bloomington, IN and Milford, MA and they are both at 16°. Tucson is currently at 52°, after reaching a high of 67. And it was a lovely 67°, too, with sunny blue skies and that lilt of spring in the air -- that whiff of sweetness that comes at the end of a long, cold, and snowy winter, when the snow starts to melt away.. Well, here, the last wintery burst was short-lived, included no snow, and the temps, even at night, didn't get below 32°. But it still felt good to be out in a T-shirt, no jacket, and no gloves! (If I don't wear gloves at 50° or below, my fingers get frostbitten!)

George, JoAnn, and Chuck (the park's owner) came to review my site and my site plan. Chuck looked everything over carefully and considered every angle. He asked me questions about every part of it. Finally he agreed that it was all good, and was going to be fine. I think that I clinched it when I said that I wanted to do what was best for the park, which of course I do. He did laugh. He had some questions about set-back -- how close to the fence I can go, and where the utility easements are, but that's easy stuff. I'm ready to start moving on this now!

I got packages today! Lovely things came from Aunt Dots and from Bob and Ann! Now I can cuzzle-snuzzle and eat popcorn! :) I found these packages waiting when I returned from dinner. I'd been to dinner with Gary & Jan, Vicki & Earl, and Karen & Pete. We went to New York Pizza, which is delish, and was one of Michael's favorite places to go, too.

I also got my package of Bloomington mail from Suzanne and it had just a couple of bills. Another thing it had was a bunch of Prospectus booklets from various places where I have investments. I wonder if... err... does anyone actually read those things? Should *I* be reading them? Just in case I shouldn't, I've been throwing them very rapidly into the recycling, so that I won't be tempted to read them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sis. I am feeling pretty good today! Not much coughing and sleeping better. Boy, when you get older, things just take a while to heal up.

    I don't read those things from my investment places either. Geez, I wouldn't know what it all was saying. It is like voting for some of those board members by proxy. I don't know them, so how would I know which one(s) to vote for.

    I can't believe it is only a week until Christmas! Where in the heck does time go? I sure hope you get your gift before Tuesday. I got a notice it was shipped out, but it has to go through Bloomington first. DUH...I think if I had not been sick, I would have figured out how to send it to you directly.

    I wanted to let you know my friend Garth from work (you have met him a few times) passed away. He was only 43. He was just sitting and painting and died...they think it was a heart attack or aneurysm. Whatever it was, it was quick as a snap. His lifelong partner was out of town on business. It was such a shock, but it is so hard to be sad about it because when I think of Garth, I think of all the good things and the fun times we had. He sure did go to early, but he didn't know what hit him.

    How is the deck project coming along? I don't remember reading if you got your plans approved or not. I know it will look great when you get done - you have good taste.

    Steve just got done fixing us some fried potatoes so I need to go and eat them. :)

    Chat with you later. Love, Sissy Meat.

    ReplyDelete