Saturday, December 15, 2007

Pancakes and Fruitcake

Two of my favorite things, and I had both today. The day began when my alarm went off... at 8 am! This is something that's new for me -- sleeping well, and sleeping till 8. I had gone to bed at 11 last night, so I not only slept well, but I slept long. This is the first time in probably a year that I've been sleeping this well.

I got ready and made it just in time for the Pancake Breakfast put on by the Sawmill. 3 pancakes, 2 sausage links, OJ, and the love of my friends.. all for just 3 bucks. After the food, the band took the stage for a jam session and I enjoyed their music for the next hour.

This afternoon, John came over and we went shopping. We went up to La Encantata, the fine shopping mall up on Campbell and Skyline. We enjoyed some museum shopping -- looking around but not buying anything. We dined at Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill before heading back southeast.

If you're keeping track, you'll realize that I had not yet done my walk! That's something about walking every single day; you have to find some way to work it into the day. By the time we got back, the sun was just about to set, so I opted to do the walk in laps around the Village.

And then I broke into Becky's fruitcake! Oh my! What a delicious fruitcake Harry and David sent! I loved every bite, and could have had another piece. I take delight in the fact that, even if I ate that entire 2 lb fruitcake in one night, I would gain no more than 2 lbs!

The day was mostly happy. Now and then, nearly every day, someone will say something, a song will come on and "speak" to me, or I will just entertain some passing thought and it makes me cry. I know that this is not a bad thing. I know that I need to feel what I feel and go with it. And my friends have been very patient, understanding, and loving, so it's ok.

I hope you folks will go and have a look at something delightful. Over on the right side of my blog, you see links. Check out "Where's Myx?" among My Friends' Blogs. This is Dave's blog -- my super-good friend Dave! He's written a mystery called "Miracle Myx" which will be coming out in just a few months! His blog.. just check it out. It makes me smile! The link for Dave's Where's Myx blog is http://wheresmyx.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment