Wednesday, December 12, 2007

She bit her dog?

Well, no, but her dog bit her! Last evening, Maddy and I were playing together in the cottage. She was tugging on her green rubber toy, but she was no match for me. Eventually, she kept the toy and went off to chew it. She brought it back and put it on my lap. Well, I didn't pick it up and she decided that she wanted it back.

So she took a bite of toy AND leg! Through my pantleg, she drew blood in two places, plus there is a big bruise. I put Neosporin Pain Relief on it and covered both spots with a bandaid, so that I wouldn't bleed on my jeans. I believe that I'll live.

Yesterday's walk started when it was indeed somewhat sunny, or at least the rain had broken. But, by the time I was turning to come home, it was pouring again! Brrrrf! Along with the wind and cool air, it was a raw day. I put on my sweatpants and had chili for supper.

During this rainfest, they got snow up in the mountains and at elevations over 6,000 ft. This morning, we awoke to fog, which hung over the city in a soggy, eerie mist. It was a moving fog, not like the thick blankets we get in Indiana.

Jack and Kathy arrived last night! Jack came to visit this morning, and it was great to see him. We're talking hikes and I'm stoked.

Donna came over just after Jack left, and we had a nice visit too. Then I went to take my trash and discovered that Jane and John had made it here from Massachusetts! YAY! We had a nice talk.

Maddy and I did our walk in the Pantano Park. It was not raining, but it was chilly. I don't think that it got up to 60 today, but it was a pretty day.

I stopped in to see John, and we went on a drive to the end of Old Spanish Trail. Then we went to run some shopping errands. It was a good day!

Oooh! I have to tell you what's got me smiling these days. I got a big box from Mrs.Beasley's yesterday from Dave. I've been enjoying little cakes and cookies! And then this evening, I got a box from Becky! :) Harry and David's fruitcake! Did you know that fruitcake is one of my favorite things in this WORLD, Becky? I must have told you! It's beautiful and I'm going to love it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Janee,

    Not many people are lucky enough to get a dogbite and a fruitcake in the same day. I like fruitcake, too.

    Sounds like you had a very social day yesterday and that you got some cool surprises along with the fog and Maddie mishap.

    I'm getting my hair cut today, but leaving the bangs alone.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sister Mine,

    Well, I'm finally feeling well enough to be on line again.

    Sorry about the "Maddy mishap". Poor thing, she really doesn't know how strong she is. She didn't mean it. Give her a treat from her Aunt B.

    You told me once that you really liked fruitcake, but I never sent you one before, because I knew that Mike didn't particularly care for it, and I knew that you both liked dried fruit.

    Enjoy your walks. The weather there has to be better than here. It is raining and cold right now.

    Love you and I'll talk soon.

    Me

    ReplyDelete