Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sunny Day

I awoke to temps in the 30's and dew dripping from the roof of the cottage. When I get my awning up, I won't notice dew dripping from the roof, and that is supposed to happen soon.

I went to talk to BJ about the photo club. We're going to be meeting on Mondays at 9am this year. Next season, we'll be meeting on Thursday mornings. I think I have that right.

Next I tackled some phone calls, getting my name on some of our accounts, and trying to get my Bloomington Insight situation settled. I am paying over $100 a month for.. nothing, by keeping the cable going. But they are not able to do anything to help me, since I'm here and the account is in Michael's name and he can't tell them to change it. She did say that they could cancel the movie package (or something like that) and save me $5, but that I'd lose some bargain deal upon my return. I ended the conversation in tears, telling her (very unlike me) "Thanks for nothing."

I think that things should be easier for widows. It seems like the world conspires to make things difficult.

I spent part of the day today uploading part of my website to my new web host. It went well, but it's a slow process to upload it all. I researched forum software, too, and made a choice for the new site. I regret that I'm likely to lose the 60,000+ posts that are in my current board, but that's the way it's got to be. I don't want anything on my new site that's been hacked into.

I walked along the Pantano Wash (again) today, and then did a lap around the park. By the time I walked, at about 1:00, it was up into the 60's! Tucson winters rock!

John and I went out for a bite at the In 'N' Out Burger and .. here I am! After my morning phone sobfest with Insight, I ended up enjoying the day.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. Things should be easier for widows. That Insight business is not only frustrating, it is ridiculous! You need to talk to a different rep. As long as you have the account number, address, etc., especially under these circumstances, I think they are obligated to help you.

    It may be best to just discontinue service and open a new account in your name when you return.

    When we came down to Florida in November, Insight offered to disconnect us completely for the time we are gone and waive the reconnect charge when we get back. We are hoping that Comcast (who is taking over January 1) will honor this.

    Good luck.

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unquestionably you should cancel the account and reopen it in your name when you return. Saving $100/month will surely offset any added costs of reconnecting later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Sis: I am actually feeling more human these days. I will be going back to work next week hopefully.

    The whole ordeal with Insight makes me very angry. People should not have to argue about such things...WE are the customer and the customer is why a place is in business, right! How stupid that whole thing is. I think you should cancel your service with them right now. How insensitive can they be!!

    Thanks very much for the great Christmas gift. Steve hogged up the reindeer food all for himself. What a cow. LOL. The boxes it all came in are so adorable, too. I hope you get yours before the holiday.

    Tomorrow Bob and Molly are going to be here and we are going to go to Lisa's for a lunch and gift exchange. We decided to go there since they do not have a dog and that will mean Bob can stay longer. The kids will be happier running around there, too.

    The weather here has been pretty darn good so far this year...better than there, I think. This weekend, however, it is supposed to snow/ice/sleet a bunch and get nasty. We will see. Bob might have trouble getting back home.

    Take care, love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janee, get hold of a supervisor and tell those cable Bozos to cancel your account immediately. When you return to Indy, get a satellite dish. Same channels, fewer hassles (in my opinion.)

    Congrats on moving your website. A hassle, but it will be worth it.

    Love,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete