Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday hiking

I slept in today, till about 8. After breakfast, I cleaned the cottage well -- dusting, vacuuming, and even mopped the kitchen and bathroom. I was contemplating the idea of going for my walk, when I got a call from Steve, the guy with a Navion RV just like mine! His idea was to go hiking today. Cool!

I got ready and went and picked him up. We went up the Tanque Verde Ridge Trail stopping at a rocky knoll that really needs a name, if it doesn't have one already. It was probably 3/5 of the way to the Dome, where the FHTV Hiking Club usually stops, but we had a good hike and I was happy to stop where we did. We ate our snacks, drank our water, and marveled at the beauty of the world from the cold granite where we sat.

The day was a little cool, probably making it to 60, but not much higher. The sun ducked in and out from behind the clouds, and there was just enough wind for me to tie my Tilley hat on with the back cords.

I got back to town and went to the grocery to buy olives. I put together a tray of various olives which I brought to Neil and Susy's for their party this evening. The typical party around here is a sort of semi-potluck. The host grills a fatted calf of some sort, and then everyone else brings hors d'oevres, a side dish, or a dessert. So I brought olives, and they were a huge hit. I had pitted and unpitted, olives stuffed with almonds, and then, to shake things up a little, I had artichoke hearts.

The party was lots of fun. When I was ready to leave, I brought a few people back to my cottage (right next door to Neil and Susy's), and gave a tour. I love showing people my cute li'l cottage!

I just noticed that I had NO comments on the day that I posted the pic of my new haircut. I am assuming that this means that y'all just didn't see the posting. ;) Anyway, for those of you who missed the pic of my new hair, it's here!

4 comments:

  1. Molly and I both liked the way you did your hair we just didnt comment. R

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Sis...I commented on your hair in another comment on another day - so there! I love it.

    I have been fighting a really bad cold (I think I have pneumonia actually). I have not been at work for the whole month of December yet!! The worst part is I can't sleep at night because of the coughing so I sit in the chair and at some point sort of pass out. BLAH.

    I have been taking antibiotics for 7 days and I think I am better...it has just been a very, very slow process. I guess that happens when you get "old", right?

    I do read your blog each day, but don't always comment. I have also gotten into the online purchasing this year and I hope yours gets there by Christmas. I had to send it to Bloomington because it couldn't go to the PO Box in AZ. I had to have a street address. I guess it will get forwarded. It really isn't perishable, so I think it will be fine.

    I got free shipping! :)~~~~~

    Love you lots, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked on your blogs every few days. Love your new haircut. I am also glad that you sounded very good and kept very busy..

    Think of you and Michael - often.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janee, I adore your haircut! My bangs are still growing, and I'm wearing a dopey looking headband as you suggested.

    Suggest to your sis that she see an allergist. I had that nighttime coughing thing for WEEKS. The allergist "cured" me with one puff of an inhaler. Talk about a miracle drug. I was worn out from not sleeping.

    Enjoy the warm sunshine. Dallas is brr-rrrrrr cold today.

    ReplyDelete