Friday, September 05, 2008

Gray Skies

At least it seems like the rain has stopped for the time being, but the sky is gray and the air is cool -- just 67°! While I know that we need the rain around here, I do so prefer sunny days. ;)

Today I went to the mall early to do my walk, since it was still raining. I walked fast, as is my inclination when I'm walking the mall. I also took all the steps 3 at a time, which gives me a little workout for my rock-hopping muscles. Everyone else at the mall walks in pairs or 3's, but no one else walks fast enough to keep up with me, so I'm content to walk alone. Now.. when Jack's with me, that's a different story, because I'm panting to keep up! (Soon! Soon!)

When I returned home, I took advantage of the cool temps to work in the garage. I have just a few things that will go to Tucson with John when he comes to trade cars with me next week, a few things for D to pick up, my big shop vac, and my fine, big paper shredder, both of which I will need again when I have a house, so I'll have the movers take those to Annette's, after the house is sold.

There are now two toads living in the garage, and probably a snake. I found a freshly shed skin, that's just about 30" long. The toads are cute, and I'm careful not to get too close to them when I'm moving around in there. The larger of them has been there for several weeks now. The tiny one I saw for the first time just today.

And so I moved a few things into bags and into my car to go to the dump and the Trading Post tomorrow. And I broomed and vacuumed and spiffed the place up. I realize that it's a garage, an OUTbuilding, and so doesn't have to be spotless, but, I've always taken pride in having it as clean as I can get it. Now, with all the junk gone, it's much easier to clean!

I dumped the paint into a couple of deep bin lids, so that, with the increased surface area, it'll hopefully dry a bit faster. I just hope that the toads don't get curious about it! I know; I worry too much!

And then, this afternoon, I've been just chilling -- doing email and mostly playing my online games. I did some Sudoku from the USA Today site at http://puzzles.usatoday.com/sudoku . And I played -- this is embarrassing -- the Bubbles game at http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/bubbles-game . I worked myself up to a score of 103,740, just in case you want to try to top me. I've added those links to my Links list at the right! ---->

2 comments:

  1. Janee, you continue to amaze. That car barn must be pristine. I take stairs three at a time if I'm going downhill. A snake that long is probably a rat snake or something harmless. Be glad he's there to patrol the place.

    Our two cats, whom you met, have been very ill this week. I've become Cat Nurse Extroidinaire. Trust me, you do not want me to take your temperature. My two darling 13-yr-old boys seem to be responding well to massive doses of antibiotics, thankfully.

    I'm glad that things are going well for you. Please keep amazing your fans.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey with all of this work out are we going to see you out riding the Hilly this year ;-)

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete