Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day

Jim, it was great to see you and Patty, too, and I love that art you bought! I am feeling quite chipper, so I'm happy to look that way. ;)

Today's Labor Day, but I won't talk about it much, since the day is still going on. I will say that I've been to campus to walk and enjoyed that. It's a beautiful day, and all the floral displays on campus are resplendent. I took the steps by the Union 3 at a time (!) and feel myself getting stronger.

The only aspect of the walk that was not great is that I was missing Maddy fiercely today. I kept trying to tell myself that it was better, because she was not there trying to go after the squirrels and chipmunks, but.. that didn't work.

Yesterday was fun. Annette came down with her grandson, Aaron's son Matthew, who is a year old. While the cherub mostly screamed in his playpen, Annette and I worked on cleaning up the kitchen in my house. We scrubbed the cabinets inside and out, cleaned the island top, and cleaned the light fixtures. We got a good start on the floor, too, though I have a bit to go on it. Word of advice: Never buy a kitchen floor that has grooves in it.

We went to Michael's and invested in some more flowers for the living room, and they look grand. We hauled the table back up onto the deck, and, once it's cleaned, it'll look good.

So I'm just about ready to make the grand announcement that the place is up for sale! Woo hoo!

Off to finish that kitchen floor now! :)

2 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy. You go girl. Get that place finished and on the market. It is LABOR day.
    Love you, J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sis.

    Thanks and many thanks for going with me yesterday! I can't thank you enough. I actually had FUN going to the Dr. :)

    I hope the Eddiepuss is ok and not too mad at you.

    I have a good feeling that in a week or two, you will have an offer on your house and be on your way to being done with that project. What will you do with all your spare time, then?

    Steve seems to like his job - good variety of stuff to do and most of it is just work at your own pace sort of crap. He did say it is only temporary and might only be for a week or two, but who knows. Besides, he is now on Manpower's list so they will find him something else. I hope he sticks to it for more than one reason.

    I did tell him I didn't appreciate him yelling at me, and he said "When?" He really didn't know what I meant. I told him and he said sorry, but he just doesn't know when he acts that way. Hum...not sure I believe that!

    I have been busy trying to come up with a solution to the accrual/payment formula...still have issues depending on what the numbers are, so I reverted it back to the other analysts to see what they come up with. We will see what they think, but they were appreciative of the 3 various senarios I did give them so they can see it is IMPOSSIBLE! LOL.

    Love you lots, Sis.

    ReplyDelete