Thursday, September 04, 2008

The Sounds of Early September

This time of year is one where I tend to reflect. And my reflections are often in a particular color, or to a particular sound track. Today it's hot and humid, with that rainified feeling in the air. And the cicadas never did stop their night song. In fact, they've been sawing their legs together for several days now, seemingly without stopping.

Other sounds include the hum of a distant lawn mower, that hopeful sound of a small airplane that just took off, and the airy breath of my computer's fan. The cat's snoozing, quietly now.

And I just came in 7th out of 90 people playing Wordsplay at http://www.wordsplay.net. I consider it a win, if I place in the top third with this group, and I won't let myself end a session unless I'm in the top half. But these are powerfully good players, so I have to put on my best game face to place in the top tier. The game is like Boggle, where you make words by stringing together letters that are adjacent to each other. Great fun, and I would like to think that I'm staving off dementia in the process.

Yesterday I spent the better part of the morning working in the garage, assembling trash to take to the dump. This time it included cans of dead paint, which I had let dry. Some of the paint still is not dry, and I'm not sure what to do with that when I go. The hazardous waste people would not take it.

There was also some wood scraps and a piece of moldy old drywall, which I had to break apart to fit into an orange bag. I'm not sure why we had kept an old piece of drywall, even had it been new when we first stored it, which I'm sure it was. *I* don't hang drywall. Michael didn't hang drywall.

The house is looking pretty spiffy now. I went around and took a few more photos, and I've written a bit of a description of the house. You can find this at http://www.myjanee.com/house/about.htm . I need to polish the description, I realize, and post my price in there. I also need to make a list of what goes with the house, or what I am willing to let go with the house.

Ah.. now I have the pitter-patter of rain on my roof!


3 comments:

  1. Probably need to get with some kind of an expert and see what you need to do for a disclaimer on the web site. Maybe just copy one from a Realtor web site. Basically what you need to say is the very legal form of "hey this is for information purposes only. If you are really interested we will want to do the legal checking of everything as a part of the deal." The problem is that lawyers can't allow anything to be this simple so you have to use their fancy words.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the paint, you might be surprised what a fan blowing on it even a small cheap one will do to get the final trying done.

    Ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, does the bed come with the master bedroom? Forget the washer and ryer, the refrigerator...it is the bed I must have...

    Mind of I eat an apple?

    D n Chicken

    ReplyDelete