Sunday, March 29, 2009

More fun

Today we went to church, and then out to breakfast at the Good Egg.

Then we came back here and went to work. Jack worked on the spice rack a bit, and I worked on the food for the pitch-in (pot luck) that was happening today at the pool. I made a dish that mom used to make and she called it "glop." This was a little different, because it had not only an onion, a pound of ground beef, and tomato sauce, but also a small can of diced tomatoes, a teaspoon of garlic powder, and a teaspoon of chili powder. I substituted rigatoni for the macaroni, too, since that's all I had.

John and MaryAnn came over and Jack went over to work on their evaporative cooler tubing which had broken. I finished the glop and we headed off to the pool for the party.

The party was cool, with lots of nice people, music, and great food.

Jack and I went walking around the big block, and .. whoosh! Another day gone!

My ankle is feeling much better. While I can still feel that it's not perfect, I'm able to get around fine, and I'm back to daily walking, though I'm not ready to call it a "fitness walk" just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment