Thursday, April 02, 2009

Building a table

I got over my little bout with tummy ick and am now feeling just fine. Yesterday and today, Jack and I worked on building a table surrounding our little firepit. It is a 3' circular table, built of plywood and covered in pergo wood. It comes apart in halves, in case the table has to be taken off. Anyway, it's very cool and looks great.

People are starting to leave here now, just as the days are starting to get longer and a bit warmer. After Fun Day, most of the conversations around the Village are "When are you guys leaving?" Little lizards are running here and there, and the cacti are blooming in more profusion. This is a wonderful time of year here!

We went on some errands today. Jack's looking at a new camera, to replace the one that broke last fall. We went to In-and-Out Burgers, and that was fun as always. We took some stuff back to Lowe's and got some artisan bread from Beyond Bread. Good day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis...I am with them...when are you leaving? I know, it is nice there, but it is nice here too. It is supposed to be a high of 38 on Tuesday! LOL. But, that will not last long.

    The thought of the lizards running around doesn't thrill me. These are cute from afar, but they sort of creep me out - like a snake, I guess.

    If you guys are feeling the need to build all the time, get your tools back here and build me this deck/pergola thing. I am not even sure what I want, so maybe we need to draw something up HEE HEE.

    I am off to get some work done. It is quarter close and that means work, work, work for us finance types. :)

    Love you! Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Offering competition to your sis's offer. We are installing new flooring throughout the house. It requires extra under with these specs. Around the edge of the board a nail (countersunk) every inch. The interior of the plywood needs a nail every 3 inches. Doing the math ... that is 800 nails for every 4ft x 8ft sheet. We are doing the whole house.

    So your sister only offers you construction of a deck/pergola. When we can offer this flooring project from hell!!!!

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete