Monday, April 05, 2010

Looking at new floors

This is an art piece -- part of a huge art piece, really -- in a park on Main Street in Truth or Consequences, NM:


Last evening, we went to a very fun party up the street. It was a potluck Easter dinner with only fun people, lots of laughs and plenty of love. I had made a most delicious bread pudding with chocolate chips, cinnamon, pecans, toffee chips, and a whisky sauce.


Today we ran a bunch of errands, including a run to Walgreens, the license branch, Apollo Floor Coverings, Lowe's, Dr. Lowenstein (for Jack's followup), Lowe's again, and Fry's. At Lowe's, we were looking at tile and such for redoing my shower. I've never liked the shower/tub that's in here, and Jack's going to do a lovely tile treatment, should we decide to go through with it.

I am going to get a new floor for this place, for sure. I'm looking at a really neat tile-looking but very nice linoleum. It's a product that "floats," that is, it is not attached to the floor. While it looks like tile, it's a little soft underfoot, so will be comfortable to stand on. Both samples that I have here to study will go great with my new furniture. And this carpet I have now is just horrible.
Here are the two floors that I'm examining.


2 comments:

  1. I like number one floor---your going to love not having that carpeting-----

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of tile are you getting for the bathroom---I have travertine and love it.

    What color leather furniture did you get?

    ReplyDelete