Friday, April 09, 2010

This is a shot along the Bear Canyon / Seven Falls trail from our hike on Tuesday, the 6th of April. The hillsides were streaked in yellow with the poppies. What a wonderful sight!

Today I had my follow-up appointment with Dr. Lowenstein, here in Tucson. All is well with me, as I had expected, but the real surprise was how promptly I was seen. I arrived on time for my 10:30 appointment, to find the waiting room full. But I waited all of maybe 5 minutes, before I was called back.


Called to wait in another magazine-lined, too-cold room for another half hour? Nope! I was taken into the doctor's office and, no sooner had I taken my seat, but he came in! How often does *that* happen? I wish that every doctor could be so mindful of his patients' time and so diligent about keeping their schedules running well. And, of course, while emergencies do come up, I do wish that more offices were better at handling them.
So I found out that, while my total cholesterol is a little high - 236, my LDL at 148 is evidently high enough to counteract the evils of the high total cholesterol. I have a small nodule in my lung, which showed on chest X-ray, and they think that it's a granulating histoplasmosis, which is the same thing for which Michael had that surgery on his lung, back in 2005 or so. Doc says that mine's calcified, or seems to be so, so he's not concerned. He said that we can repeat the X-Ray in a year.
He told me to keep up the good work with my exercise and that my weight is really perfect. And he said that the Mediterranean Diet would be a good one to follow for heart health and for keeping control of the weight, as well. Sounds like all good stuff -- easy diet to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment