Thursday, April 01, 2010

Rusty Bolt

I shot this in the same area where I got the old board yesterday:

Jack went for his PT today. He's doing a lot better and is mostly pain-free.

Julie and I went to Red Lobster for a fun lunch, and then hit the mall for a walk-through.

After that, I went with Jack as he got the paperwork all signed for his new cottage. It'll be his on 4/6. We'll likely work on cleaning it up for a day or two before he actually moves.

This afternoon, we went shopping for some new furniture for me. I've been long wanting leather furniture, and Jack's going to take the loveseat and chair that I have now. He's going to be taking Eddie, and Eddie's second favorite thing (behind Jack) is the back of the sofa that I now have. So I figure it would be mean to keep Eddie's sofa. And, yes, I've thought it through. Eddie LOVES Jack, was distraught for a month when Michael died (and he blamed me), and Jack is just the logical parent for the kitty. Jack says that I can have visitation rights. ;)

Maundy Thursday services were tonight and we went to Jack's mom's church with her. The service was great, with great music, and Mary was happy that we took her.

6 comments:

  1. Hey sis. Of course, we need pictures of the cottage "Jack built" (we know he didn't build it, but you know what I mean. I am excited for both of you in that I know you seem to get along better as friends - and you can both drive on every day of the week this way, too. :)

    No cat, I might have to visit more often in MI. I know that is what you wanted...ha ha.

    Can't wait to see you guys on your way back north. Jack coming with you? Or is he staying in AZ all year now? Love you, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me for asking...but don't you get attached to anything or anyone???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do people find pleasure in kicking you when your down? Anonymous I think Janee was married to Michael for 25yrs..

    Janee, sorry, I know your a big girl and able to defend yourself, but this just "ticked" me off, so uncalled for.

    Dona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis: I say "ditto" to Dona's comment. I have known you for 50 years and even though I have sometimes tried to ditch you, I think we are still pretty much "attached". WTF - people should really look in the mirror first, and then in their own closets and see what's in there. I am sure they would be surprised!!

    I do appreciate that you are open to others' comments like you are, which I have always admired. I am just amazed people really have nothing better to say.

    I love you :) My twin! LOL. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Anonymous" can sometimes be an acronym (for lack of a better term) for "I don't have nerve enough to sign my name."

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone has a public blog, why is it when someone posts a question on this blog, the YES people all have to jump on that person for asking it? I also thought that it was strange that you could give away 2 animals that were in your life. Men....well...that may be different. LOL (OH..I surely will get some negative comments on that one!!)
    As for posting as "anonymous", why would it be any different if that person would have posted their name? If it's someone outside of the yes people, would it have made any difference anyway? Would you really KNOW who that person is anyway?
    C'mon.....there is a reason that there is a place for comments. Why does one feel that comments/questions have to be edited so much?
    Guess I'll sign off as Jane Doe.

    ReplyDelete