Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Deck is finished!

Cactus in bloom in Tucson, just before we left: The deck in Arvada is finished! :) Today the last of the balusters went up onto the railings. We did the posts and railing for the steps. And we built an 8' bench. Of course, this was Jack's project. He designed the thing and created it. I was basically Stepp'n' Fetchit, although I did screw deckboards on, cut and drilled all the balusters, and did lots of measuring, leveling, and plumbing of boards. It's good to have it done, and I'm eager to get on to other pursuits, including creative ones of my own.

One thing that I'm trying to do is to fix my own website, myjanee.com. I have been unable to upload to the server, and I can't figure out why. That's the really basic thing. I'm working in Dreamweaver, which is not the software in which I've built the site. (GoLive by Adobe disappeared, and was replaced by Dreamweaver.) And I've never troubled myself to learn Dreamweaver. But I want to. I want to update all the stuff on my site, make it in CSS (whatever that is), and give it all some new art.

Additionally, I want to update my tutorials, to add some new ones, do some exciting new art that's been playing in my head, and just update the feeling of my site.

But first I have to figure out just how to upload simple changes, like... getting my banner to show up again on my tutorial pages. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment