Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fun day in Arvada

Today we worked for just a bit, getting the wood scraps taken out to the trash, bringing the deck furniture out, and helping to clean it up. After we got the deck looking pretty spiffy, we all went off in search of cushions for the deck chairs. A cushion specialty place on Broadway wanted $99 *each* for chair cushions. We laughed. We left. We ended up finding some nice ones at Lowe's, for $25 each.

We ran some other errands, went for lunch at a forgettable Mexican restaurant, and then came back here to enjoy a beer on the new deck with the neighbors.

Oh, and I talked on the phone to several people, in regards to the estate stuff. The lawyer is now wanting me to sign onto 8-9K worth of service, which I don't believe that I even need, now that I have my letters testamentary.

2 comments:

  1. You choice on the lawyer thing seems reasonable. Frankly probably what the guy is going to do for you for that 8-9K is setup and keep a neat set of files. As long as you keep a neat set of files of the paperwork and document everything you can do that yourself. BUT I can tell you from both one personal experience with my family, and having experienced some problems with other estates with church issues, those files are absolutely necessary.

    ray kb9lgs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very careful with this legal stuff. Someone is going to be on the short end of the stick. I think lots of families have these problems------money makes people do and say some strange things. Unless you have an air tight will. I don't really know if there is such a thing. Now that I wrote that I'm not sure I understand what the legal rub is?

    ReplyDelete