Thursday, May 06, 2010

Pink Flower

Hot day today in Tucson -- in the 90's. I'm starting to think that the rest of the world may be getting ready for us, and Jack and I are planning to leave here... soon! :) (You know how I hate to post *plans*, don't you?

Today was consumed with legal matters... again. I got a fistful of papers from the attorney in Bloomington -- stuff that I had to print and sign, and some of which I had to have notarized. This will all go to the court there, to prove that a) Michael did die; b) He did want me to be his heir; and c) I am that person whom Michael directed to take over for him when he died. Woop-de-doo, I guess, but this has to go before a judge and I have to get papers to attest to all of this.
So I printed off the papers, filled things in, signed in the blanks, and then got the appropriate ones notarized. Off to the post office and overnighted them back to Bloomington, where they will be opened tomorrow and the wheels will turn a bit more.
Next, I called the Honda dealer here to find out where my papers were for my registration for my new car. They do things a bit differently in AZ than they do in IN, where I've bought all my new cars before. Here, you have to get the license plate from the dealer, paying the appropriate fees, of course. Then, if you have a personalized plate (me!) you have to go to the license branch, apply for a refund on the personalized plate, and then they cancel the one you got from the dealer and .. you get to use the personalized one on your new car. This is, of course, after paying more fees! So I did it and that's done!
And, of course, I rocked the world on DDR this morning! :D

1 comment:

  1. thanks for picture of the desert. legal stuff makes me nuts---who else was he going to leave it to but his wife of many years!

    ReplyDelete