Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Lights

I love my Christmas lights that I put up outside on my deck's railing. I love them so much that I still have them up! LOL. I enjoy the bit of color and extra light right now, in this darkest part of the year. Maybe I'll take them down tomorrow, when it's warmer, and put up plain white lights. Jack is shaming me into it. I guess I'm playing the eccentric old lady part a little prematurely.

Today was musical for me. I practiced my choir music for church, after a proper warm-up, of course. After that, I played my penny whistle through many of my tunes. What fun!

Dinner was at Olive Garden with John and Peggy. Food was great, and we really enjoyed our server-in-training.

Yesterday, I brought home two lamps to try for my living room, and I opted for the Tiki Arc Floor Lamp you can see here: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/tiki-arc-spheres-floor-lamp.do?camp=ppc:GooglePLA:none:goobase_filler&gclid=CPjL7vDF7rQCFUlxQgodGlUA4A . It looks great, so I returned the other one, without even having taken it out of its packaging. The lamp I had was not really tall enough for where I had it and it didn't give enough of the right sort of light.

And, finally, it's a bit warmer! We had several nights of below-freezing temps, where we were advised to leave a trickle of water running, but hopefully that's over now. I am looking forward to leaving one of my jacket layers home, and perhaps the gloves, too.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! One question -- wouldn't it be difficult to clean ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I will just keep it dusted frequently. If it gets too dirty for my likes, I'll just replace the shades. They are pretty standard. I could also replace the paper lining for them very easily.

    ReplyDelete