Sunday, January 13, 2013

I hear you breathing

I know you're out there. I hear you breathing! So please feel free to leave a comment, even if it's just "I agree," or "That's bogus." Certainly I'd like to know more, and if you sign your posting, I love that, because it feels like I'm actually writing for real people. But I don't require your identity for you to post a comment. Please note, though, that I do approve your comments before they are posted in my blog. Offensive stuff, even if it's just offensive to me, ads, etc, will not be posted.

So... Saturday was good. Jack and I went to the wedding reception of some friends from church, and it was grand. They held an open house at their house and they had big glass hurricanes full of different kinds of M&M's.... Any party with hurricanes full of M&M's is a good one. They also had other delicious food, wine and beer, and many interesting people to meet and talk with.

Today I was Lay Leader in church. Everyone likes when I'm Lay Leader, because I speak clearly and slowly enough. I like doing it because it's a kind of public speaking opportunity which is not dangerous. That is, I'm speaking to friends who mostly agree with what I'm saying. And, while I do not agree with all I say, it is an opportunity to exercise my dramatic ability.

For lunch, I indulged in one of my favorite things -- Wasa toast with peanut butter and apple slices.

7 comments:

  1. Janee, just a quick question: Why do you say something that you do not agree with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken, I think that most of us say things with which we don't believe, all the time. It's not that I believe it to be untrue or a lie, it's just that it's stated in a way that implies something different than what I believe. For example, I accept much of what the bible says as parable or metaphor, not as an actual historical fact. I can easily read the metaphor without believing it as an actual fact.

      Delete
  2. Ya Slim you are reaching the world. Have been waiting for you to post photos of the new desk assembled and your review on how you like it.

    I know your into not accumulating stuff ... But living in the desert during the winter with all that sunshine and in Michigan with all that green in the summer, you might want to consider infrared photography. A fairly new passion of mine. Since the hot mirrors they use in cameras are so good at blocking infrared (take 2 or 3 minutes for an exposure) I purchased a used point and shoot off Ebay and had it converted so I can now shoot hand held photography. (Camera is a Canon point and shoot that can take RAW images - thanks to some software called "chdk." Thing about it, if you go with not an exclusive infrared conversion then the work in Photoshop or other similar software can really bring out the image in a special way. Did I mention that mid day which is kind of boring in regards to light with straight photography can be exciting with infrared?

    Anyhow please excuse my enthusiasm. Here is a link you may find interesting.

    Patsy says, "hi"

    Have a Great Day!
    The X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Jim, I'll post a pic of the desk on today's posting... I have not charged my camera battery and don't know how to get pics from my phone into my computer... but LOL I'll figure this out.

      Your infrared enthusiasm is exciting! I have never shot infrared and what you've just told me is about all I know. I did once write an article about how to make a photo look infrared in Photoshop. Long time ago, though. ;)

      Delete
    2. I forgot to include a link to an interesting video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYFdA7c48Yc

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to see you posting again. Sounds like you are in a good place. Love your bubbles. I am looking forward to more photoshop work from you. What little I know about photoshop I learned from your tutorials. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting, Betty! I'm getting back into it, and enjoying my PS time.

      Delete