Friday, January 25, 2013

Pampered


LoL... Chuckling at the title I chose. Today I attended a Pampered Chef demonstration. This is only the second of these I've seen, and this one was good. She made plenty of delicious food, showing us with avid enthusiam how her products worked. While there were a few things I'd enjoy having, the space they'd occupy is just not there, in my kitchen. Most of the things are very specialized; think garlic peeler, strawberry slicer, or vegetable grill basket. Anyway, it was fun, and she did sell plenty of product to others.

Tonight's movie was "The Queen of Versailles." It was about David Siegel' s family and his rise and fall from a world of seemingly unending power and luxury to a state of deep depair and longing for the way things were. He was a timeshare mogul, having made billions from selling vacations to people who could not afford them. I think that it was karmic for him to be taken down as he was.

His wife Jackie actually owned a $17,000 pair of boots -- alligator, I believe. She had 8 children, because there were nannies to care for them (4). Riveting story, though there were many times I wanted to shake these two and point out that there is more than the money. Once you have what you need, then sit back and enjoy what you have -- like the love of your family. There was just none of that, which made the while thing surreal.

Location : Cinco, Tucson, AZ 85710,

No comments:

Post a Comment