Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The day that never got started

I guess we don't have to have super-accomplished days every day, do we? (Say no!)

I did get one thing done. I am reworking the logo for church, and I did a bit of research to remind myself how to save for printing preserving transparency. This is something that I used to know, but had forgotten. I was never that big into output. Like, you tell me what sort of file format you need, and I'll save it like that. But knowing what kind of file? Not really my forte. ;)

I went with Jack to look at materials for the storage shed that he's going to build on his lot. After he gets that done, we'll move his stuff from my right-hand shed into his new shed. His storage will include his tools and seldom-used things like Christmas decorations.

Then we'll tear down my right-hand shed and build me a nice new one there. This new shed will have room for storage of the few things I have in the lefthand shed... PLUS it will have a Murphy bed for a guest or two. I'm also going to insulate this shed, with my guests in mind. My storage will be like kitchen cabinets, so it will seem like a nice cozy room, and not like sleeping in a garage. LOL

Then my lefthand shed will be moved out and sold. And then we will work on landscaping the "estate." We're thinking along lines of an outdoor kitchen for grilling, some seating areas for parties and the firepit for those nights with smores. I will draw out the whole yard in scale and work it out so that we get in what we want. We have some leftover synthetic grass, too, and we may well use that for some color back there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds nice. We put up a shed last spring. It had the rough siding---it was really awful to paint. I must have given it three coats.
    The outdoor grill party area sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete