Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rainy Day


We get a few rainy days a year here in Tucson, and today was one of them. While we probably didn't get much, it was a drizzly damp rain.

I have come to realize that my left ankle, the one I broke hiking in 2009, is a weather-indicator. I can tell pretty accurately when it is going to rain, because my ankle hurts. While I consider this to be imaginary pain, it is quite difficult to ignore, since walking becomes seriously painful.

So I took this as a day of rest. I didn't even go on Facebook.

I read in the paper today that ppl's feeling of life satisfaction declines when they are on fb frequently. And it's even more pronounced for those who read much  and post seldomly. This is because folks are jealous of what others have and do, and because others seem to be more happy in their lives.

I say that no matter how bad I'm feeling, grieving, abused, unlucky, whatever, there's someone who would happily trade lives with me. And no matter how great I feel about my life, there's someone looking at me and thinking, "Oh, how pathetic!"

Location : Cinco, Tucson, AZ 85710,

No comments:

Post a Comment