Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Another big day

I'm exhausted after another big day. Today was Tuesday and that's French for "Hiking day!" The Hiking Club did one of their traditional early-season hikes -- Cactus Forest Trail (and some other trails) in Saguaro East. Level, beautiful, but hot and dusty. If I'm going to suffer in the heat, at least I want to have a view when I get to the end of it! It was still fun, but it took me hours to cool off, once I got back.

One reason that it took awhile for me to cool off was that I worked like a dog for a few hours this afternoon, getting things moved from the RV over to the cottage, and putting things away. I moved the pets and their food and paraphernalia, my fridge stuff, clothes, HBA, electronics, ... etc..

And then I moved the RV over next to the cottage! That's right! I was going to put it in a spot near the clubhouse, for a monthly fee, but then they told me today "no RVs." So they said that I could park it next to my house, and that would be fine. Cha-ching! Dinner's on me!

I was a little worried if it would fit in the space that was left after they had built the deck last spring, but it slid right in. Harold watched to be sure that I wasn't hitting anything, I didn't have to put in the mirrors, and I wasn't even close to hitting anything. I'll know that I'm totally grown up when I can put it in there without a guide. It is a tight fit; I'll say that.

I didn't take my phone with me hiking or out to dinner, but, even with my sitting here with it this evening, I've had no calls. I hope that it's working. hmm... Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow morning. It's too late now for me to try calling any of you easterners, and I don't know what time sunlaker goes to bed. :D Ah well, being out of touch for a day won't hurt me.

I love getting comments on my blog! :) Cookies are a good thing, Karen, and I agree with your idea of freezing some and giving some away. Anne, I will take a pic of the cottage. I was kinda waiting till I got some landscaping or at least some flowers. I don't have much curb appeal going on right now!

Yes, John, I'm rather looking forward to some normal AZ temperatures for this time of year. My body doesn't do well with "unseasonably warm" temperatures, no matter where I am!

Lynell, I think that my secret to getting so much done has to be the financial incentive. They told me at the office that I'd be paying $35 a day for the site where my RV was hooked up. Of course, I was also told that I'd be paying just for the electric that I used. And I was told that we had a week to move in, and could keep our RV on a site for that time. The bosses are gone to a conference this week, so I'll await their decision before I pay anything. I think that it would be fair to charge me for the power that I used. Anyway, i worked fast so that I wouldn't have many days of $35 per. As it is, I used just 3, and it was worth the time to get myself in order gradually.

Becky, I'm with you on the blood thing. I don't think that the medical community would favor any co-mingling of blood, anyway! :D

Annette, I like what you say about "they are just men" so we give them the easy things to do! And here I thought that it was the other way around! I do know that, when I left Michael to vacuum the RV while I went and did laundry, I felt like I'd won the lottery.

Well, another day has gone. Oooh.. today there was a 360° sundog here! It's the first time that I've ever seen one that went all the way around the sun. Sooo beautiful! Here is a picture of one, which was shot in Tucson in 2006! Maybe they are not so uncommon here!

This was a tiny flower that was growing along our trail today.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    I tried to call you this AM, but I figured you were out hiking or working or something. I did leave a message, so I think your phone is working. I'm glad you are all settled in, and that your RV fits next to your cottage. I saved the pic of the sundog. How Neat! I've never seen one. I'll be having my CT scan and blood work tomorrow morning, so I'll call you when that is all done. I should know if I'm having my chemo Thursday/Friday or next week. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving. Love you - Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Janee,

    That's a beautiful flower. Looks like a petunia, sort of. Congrats on parking the Navion in that tiny space, and for saving all that dough. You are so industrious. I feel slothful!

    Just bought a new Ott-Lite desk lsmp that promises I will "see with amazing clarity." Now, to put it together without electrocuting myself.

    Keep having fun, and keep posting on your blog.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynell, a hint . . . put the light together before you plug it in.

    Janee, please keep posting to your blog. Your love of Michael and your continuing joy in living are so upbeat that your posts always give me a tremendous lift.

    BettyB

    ReplyDelete