Friday, November 09, 2007

Whining about the heat

LOL yes... I'm whining about the heat! It was 88º today on my porch, and that was in the shade. In the cottage, it remained a cool 75, though, thanks to my huge A/C unit! I forget what it feels like to be uncomfortably cold. :D

This morning was Computer Club. The club had discussed abandoning the Friday night movies till January, but we discussed that again today, and decided that the Village likes the movies and we sort of owe it to them to do them, even if, as a club, we are not impoverished. For similar reasons, I'm hoping that we keep having the Computer Club dinner. Even though it IS a lot of work, it is a really nice thing for the Village, and the club makes good money from it.

I got a look at the new computer room today and, while it is small, it is a dedicated room and has plenty of potential. I say that the place should be filled with computers on tables facing the front, and we can have classes in there!

I did some picking up and filing and bill-paying in the office today and the place looks much more like a real home now. I'm happy. I called and made my airline and rental car reservations for Thanksgiving, and I've arranged for care for the dog and the cat. I didn't get the call made regarding that insurance issue, but I've added that to my Monday list.

Oooh, and I got a package today! :) Dave sent me a Sox World Series Champs shirt and a multi-card reader for my computer. He knew how I struggled to get files from one computer to the other when I was putting together Michael's Memorial Service. What a nice surprise! If anyone reading this wants to send me anything, :) I am at this address:

Janee Aronoff
555 N Pantano #206
Tucson, AZ 85710

Thanks for the compliments on my pic in my last entry. That was a shot of the mirror -- one of my favorite ways to take self-portraits. I took lots of those of me and Michael together.

I didn't leave the Village at all today, except to go for my walk, and that was just in the Pantano River Wash, so it hardly counted as leaving. I didn't get the car out at all. Slow day, but a good one.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,

    It was great talking to you today! I'm glad we are going to be together for Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to it. Just about 8 or 9 days now. It was really nice of Dave to send you a "care package". I have no idea what the card reader is, so I wish I were there to take computer classes with you as the teacher. I hope the computer club offers classes to the community, as I'll bet there will be lots of people like me who would love to learn more than the basics. It took me all this time to learn how to answer your blog. Slow days are good days, as they allow one to recover the energy lost while moving fast to get alot done.
    Well, it's bedtime. I'll talk to you again soon.
    Love you - Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Sis:

    I agree slow days are also good once in a while. You have to have some time to relax.

    I am meeting Aaron & Angie at the Plainfield mall to get the kids pictures taken. I will scan some in when I get them.

    I can't believe it is time for Thanksgiving already! EEK. I am so not ready for Christmas and that comes so quickly after Thanksgiving. We would absolutely LOVE it if you would come out here for Christmas...what do you think? You could stay for a week or so and we could have a great time. I have a few days off from work and we could do some shopping or something.

    Maybe I will send you a chicken carcass since you have given us your address! LOL. Steve cooked a great chicken last night. It was an 8+ lb. chicken! Lordy, what a carcass that one had.

    I had better get a shower and do at least one load of laundry before I head out for the afternoon.

    Love you lots. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janee, I just looked at your cabin on Google Maps. The satellite view is great. I zoomed right in. Didn't see you in the pool though, and I thought for sure you'd be sunbathing. Looks like a great place to spend the winter. Dallas is wasm and beautiful today -- subject to change, of course.

    Have a great day.

    Take care,
    Lynell

    ReplyDelete