Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What did I do today?

Well... good question! I know that the day has gone, but let's think about how I spent it. I began with my walk. I walked with Maddy in the Pantano Wash. For you Easterners, a "wash" is like a river with no water in it, except when the monsoon rains come in the summer. Then there is LOTS of water in it. Tucson is ribboned with washes all over the town. The Pantano Wash is right behind my complex, and it has walking trails along it.

After our walk, Maddy and I had breakfast, and then were greeted by our friend John who asked what we needed to have done. :) He helped me to load some more stuff from the RV (amazing how much stuff one can fit into an RV that small!) and he took my 2nd office chair off my hands. I'd gotten it for Michael last spring and it was just taking up space in here.

It was still morning when I got going with the laundry, and John was doing his, too. There is a good laundromat in the Village and so that's where everyone goes. This was my first laundry since I left to come here, so ... 2 weeks! Yikes!

I went and picked up my mail, which was a big box of stuff from Bloomington -- bills, checks, magazines, cards with notes... lots of good stuff! It took me hours to sort through all of this.

I also had visits this afternoon from my friends Ione and Ardelle. This little village reminds me so much of college dorm life. You're right there with all your buds, and all you have to do is to walk outside your door, and there are folks to talk to. :) I love it!

As payback for the chair, John had offered to take me out to dinner. We went to Gavi on Broadway at Pantano, and it was a fun evening. I got delicious chicken parmigiano, and he had ravioli. I had leftovers for tomorrow, and maybe Friday night, too!

This evening after dinner, I got out my origami stuff and put together an origami box. I tried to take a photo of it, but it doesn't look like a box, so I won't post it. I'm thinking that I am going to host a class on origami boxes later this season.

I shot these photos tonight, just for y'all!
Eddie Maddy
Janee

In the pic of Maddy, notice what I have in my wine rack! LOL I do kill myself. You see stacks of things in odd places, because I have not yet put the stuff away.

Oh, and Annette, that is still my natural hair color. I chickened out, after Suzanne told me that it makes a huge mess of everything.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Mine,
    It was great talking to you tonight while on the way to the airport with George. Wow, you do get things done. Those are great photos of Eddie, Maddy and you. You look great! I did notice the water bottles? in the wine rack. What a great use of a wine rack. I'd never have thought of that, and I'd probably have flats of water stacked in the middle of my "junk room".
    I've been waiting for your posting, so now I'll head for bed. Good luck going through all the mail. That is my true nightmare. I hate going through weeks of mail.
    Love you - Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, you and the critters look great.

    If you decide to color your own hair, may I suggest my fave product? I've tried everything, but I'm happiest with Clairol Radiance from the beauty supply store. It has a low volume peroxide developer, so it's easy on your hair. What the Good Lord has frosted for you will show up as lighter shading. Buy something like "Light Natural Blonde" and it should give you an expensive highlighted look. My haircut guy wanted to know who does my color. I told him, "Nature, and a $4 bottle from the beauty supply store."

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Sis. I am glad to see you did not dye your hair. You look so good in that picture - very pretty.

    I thought those were tennis shoes in the wine rack. Are they water bottles or shoes? I am not sure what I would use a wine rack for either, but maybe pop cans or water bottles. :)

    I am glad you are out there in the good weather and with all your friends. Are you going to stay there for Thanksgiving, or do your "normal" Thanksgiving. You are always welcome to come and join us with our traditional trek to the truck stop with all the kids. It is really a pretty good time. We have done this for 8 years. Where does time go?

    We are getting a DVR and finally getting an HD receiver so our HDTV can be fully used. We have had this TV for 7 years, but did not have an HD receiver. I am sure there will be all sort of new remotes and I will not know how to use them! Maybe instead of lessons on making boxes, you could give us women lessons on remotes. I know you had to learn how to use one since M died.

    Again, you look so good...keep up with whatever you are doing because it is agreeing with you. Maybe it is the bologna! LOL. Love Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its me your brother Robert. Interesting reading your blogs. you do write very well indeed. Im not sure high def tv is all its cracked up to be. I do love the picture of you. You did turn out to be a pretty woman. love ya, R.

    ReplyDelete