Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cottage Photos

Finally here I am with some photos for you! As a reminder for how things used to be, here's a before photo of the front of my cottage:


Here's my cottage in the front. Notice the canopy that now covers the deck! I hope you click on this and read all my labels I made:


Here's the cottage in the back. You can see the canopy here and how it covers the back part of the house. You can also see where the new section of deck is going to go. Jack showed me the plans he's drawn up for that part of the deck and I'm all set to really like this!



And here's a self-taken photo of me on my deck. Notice that Indiana University T-shirt!


Today was a good day. I began it by making phone calls, which is something that I don't particularly enjoy. (Those of you who really know me are laughing right now at the understatement!) I called State Farm in Bloomington, because they had mistakenly billed me extra, because the multi-car discount had been removed. I disabused them of the thought that I have just one car insured with State Farm, because this one is insured with SF -- in Tucson! That counts, so Jeannette told me not to pay the bill. Yay!

I also called the Indiana Medical Licensing folks to see if I could get a pro-rated refund on Michael's medical licensing fee that he paid in May of 2007. No joy there. Now and then something works. That didn't. LOL!

I rode my bike around and talked to people, trying to find someone to go to Beaudry's for their BBQ and RV Show, which they do every month. Again, no joy, but I did talk to a bunch of people, and that's always joyful.

I did get some buzz that has been going around the park. It's been bandied about that I'm somehow something to fear for some of the less secure wives here! Again, those of you who really know me are laughing! Guess what, ladies! I'm a quality person! I'm SO good, in fact, that, when I'm ready, I'm going to have my VERY OWN man! I'll get him on weekends and holidays, too! LOL why would any self-respecting woman carry on with a married man? Duh.

I went for my walk at the Pantano River Park and talked to Dave. Please, please.. when you're done reading my post, go and read Dave's posting for today. Yesterday's is funny too, and he actually mentions me!

This evening, I went to dinner at El Paso BBQ with 18 others to celebrate Al Smith's birthday. What a great meal, and really fun company! Afterward, a smaller group (happily! LOL) came back to Al and Donna's for cake and ice cream, which provided a perfect complement to the meal.

With full-tummy-good, I sat down and did email. I have 325 things in my inbox, so I'm just about ready to declare email bankruptcy and just delete all of them. I kinda hate to do that, though, because lots of the emails are from people who were writing about Michael, and I haven't had the time/energy to write back. I feel like I should, but.. hundreds of them? I guess I could write something "canned," and then copy/paste it to the nice people? Is that proper? What do y'all think?


4 comments:

  1. Something canned is better then nothing at all. Plus responding will make you feel good too at least it would me. Your place is looking good! Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, write a few sentences separately as a Word doc. Save it on your second monitor, then cut and paste as appropriate.

    Like: "Gee, I hope you had a nice Christmas."

    "Gee, I hope you had a lovely Hanukkah."

    "Gee, I hope your Kwaanza was ...

    You get the idea. I like the idea of canned or cut-and-paste. Use technology!

    And it's okay to delete any e-mail without reading if you open it and find it's been forwarded again and again. That's Lynell's First Rule of Internetting.

    Your place, by the way, is looking fab.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third that your cottage is really coming along nice :o)!!

    and I also agree, something is better than nothing.......but it doesn't have to be all at once - if people are writing you, they know you and will understand that it isn't an easy task.

    Aloha,
    Heidi Lisa Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a "form" email regarding my recoveries and then another one that I'm sending out (albeit slowly) to thank people for meals and gifts. It's too much to do each individually, but I will say it has made me feel kind of good to send out something. (Of course, your's is still on the way, but you're my Aunt, so that's supposed to be ok). Your cottage looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete