Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hiking again!

What a gorgeous day this was! I think that the high temp was about 65. It wasn't that warm at 8:30 am, though, when 8 of us left the park to go on a Saturday hike! We went to a trail that was called something like Milagroso Trail. The trailhead is off Catalina Highway > Snyder > Suzinu. It was a challenging trail and we went 6.3 miles. There was considerable elevation gain and really beautiful views of Tucson, Agua Caliente Hill, various canyons, streams, and waterfalls! The group was Duane, Dawn, Lee, Pam, Jack, Barb, Lou, and me.

When I got back to town, I scraped off a bit of the sweat and went to pick up my computer from BlueChip. It was the power supply that had gone out, and they replaced it for $100. I haven't turned on that computer yet; I'll do that tomorrow.

I showered (finally!) and rode my bike to get my mail. Pam was just getting home, and invited me in for a glass of wine. Sure! She had snacks and more people arrived. More people.. and dinner! That's the way things happen around here. I so love this place!

Thanks for your feedback on my email situation. I have written a few answers that I can copy/paste. The thing is, I really type pretty fast, so i can just about type it as fast as I can copy/paste. Anyway, I'm "down" to "just" 257 emails that I need to answer.

The truth is that I'm immensely grateful to all of the people who have written to me. I hope that these people understand what I'm up against, and don't just think I'm lazy.

4 comments:

  1. Janee and lazy? Those are two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

    Aloha,

    Heidi Lisa Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy is a word that would NEVER come to mind when we think of you, Janee. I've said it before and I'll say it again. You seem to accomplish more in one day than any one I know! That's just one more thing that makes you a role model for those of us who have slowed down a bit.

    Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis. I agree with the other postings...you are NOT lazy. You have had a lot to deal with and you have done such an amazing job. Nothing to be ashamed of at all. Of course, you could send ME more email! LOL.

    Steve is doing much better after having his stones zapped. Aaron's kids are good, Lisa's kids are good for the most part. KK has pneumonia, but it is getting better. I still have a lingering cough which I think I will have until spring at this point.

    I love your little place and your patios look so welcoming. I think you have found a great place to spend your winters. The people seem to be so welcoming (minus the "worried" married ladies).

    We are going to watch the Colts play today...not something we normally do because Steve hates football, but Lisa, Adam, and the kids are coming to watch the game and have lunch.

    I guess I better get the house picked up a little before the kids come and tear into it! :)

    Love you lots. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Heidi and Kathryn. You are not lazy and im proud of my sis and all she has accomplished. Your just going through a transition period. I hope it wont take too long though cause you need to get back to your photo shop. Thats part of your life and one of your many talents you should continue doing.

    ReplyDelete