Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hiking Day!

Today I'm using an Arizona Desert Grass Gold for my entry. Yesterday was Monday and the day was cool, blustery, and very windy! I started the day with Ione's and my first meeting of the FotoFun Club! We're going to have plenty of variety in this club, including photo shoots, photo sharing and critiquing, learning how to take better photos, and learning a bit about getting photos into our computers.. and editing them!

After that, I rushed home, riding my blue beater bike against the fierce cool wind home to get more clothes! I then worked cash at the poolside cookout. Great fun. I have always loved working cash.

I did my walk, which was difficult and unpleasant, in the cold, cloudy, windy air, but talking to Dave helped!

I enjoyed lasagne leftover from the delicious Friday night repast, and then did email to the sound of rain on my roof and canopy! Hugely intense rain! It POURED!

I looked at my clock (which works!) and thought to myself, "Janee, do you REALLY want to go OUT to the ballroom dancing lesson?"

I replied to myself, "You know, Janee, I'd rather fly straight up!" (That's something that Michael used to say frequently, and it always seemed a little odd. I think that flying straight up would be sort of fun!)

But I went! I sloshed through the puddles to the clubhouse, carrying my umbrella and wearing my raincoat, through the dark and cold. And when I got there, I felt as if I'd done something great! LOL!

The class was fun. I partnered with Richard, a fellow who lives across the street from me. We foxtrotted and we swung. And... we are the remedial students! ;)

Today was hiking day, and Duane led us up a circuitous route to Bridal Wreath Falls. We went about 7 miles. After the pouring rain, the day was windless, with clear blue skies, and 62°. And the falls were running and so beautiful! The group was big -- probably 14 of us -- but I talked mostly with Jack, and it was lots of fun.

I returned home to discover that my aluminum canopy is finished! Now I'm set to take pictures, which I have not done, and to replace my RV and my car back onto my lot! YAY!

So why did I not take pictures of my canopy? Because I had to shower and go to Casa del Rio for supper with the Hiking Club! I rode with Jack and Kathy and the evening was quite pleasant. Great day!

I came back home and got into MySpace and had a whisper or two with a gentleman named Greg who makes my heart flutter. Yep! fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment