Saturday, June 21, 2008

All alone, vulnerable... and frightened

LOL not really! But it sounded good. I am all alone today, though. The only people I've talked to -- real people -- have been Jack on the phone, Amos the recycling guy, and the guy at the hazardous waste place.

I loaded up and took 3 loads in my car before exhaustion and rain overtook me. I think that it was just handy for me that it rained when it did, because I was hurting because I was so tired. I took probably 8 orange bags of trash, two boxes of magazines (goodbye Photoshop magazine collection!), two boxes of office paper, a big bag of shredded office paper, and one of my black recycle bins stuffed with cardboard and office paper.

Those went on 2 of my runs. The third run was to the Haz Mat disposal place on S. Walnut. There I took a scanner, 2 monitors, a computer, a keyboard, and a bunch of fluorescent tubes. They charge to take stuff there, but that's the only way you can get rid of those things legally. $40 for the lot of it. Then I got home and found...another computer, another monitor, and another printer. I still don't know what to do with Michael's laptop. I'll surely have to take a hammer to it when I get rid of it, because of all the financial data locked within.

The good news is that I am beginning to be able to see the carpet in spots. There is still a ton of stuff to go through, but mostly it's office paper to be shredded and stuff to just disperse among the agencies who are benefiting from my stuff.

Steve, Annette, and Ann were here ydy helping me with my stuff. Ann took a ton to the Teachers' Warehouse, and I'll probably have another box at least to go there. She also brought lunch for us! :)

Annette and Steve and I went off on a big dispersal run, taking things to the Animal Shelter (the whole back of his truck was full of dog crates, X-pens, food bins, litter boxes, you name it.), the Backstreet Mission, and books to the Red Cross. All of these people were very happy to get the stuff, and I was happy to give it.

My eBay stuff is being largely ignored, much to my consternation. Annette tells me to relax, that things mostly are bidded on, on the last day. And SHE bid on one of my things! LOL I think that she feels sorry for me, dontcha, Nananet?

DL told me that we don't lose friends. People who are our friends don't *get* lost. I was thinking about this while I was on my walk on campus this morning. I had become a little sad remembering a person I had walked the campus with before. I had thought he was my friend, but he has decided not to be. We don't lose friends, so I shouldn't be sad. What I need in my life I have many of. That is good, real friends. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey sis...I did bid on the one thing because I did want you to have a bid, but I also will not be sorry if I "win" it :) It is a lovely piece. I found a really sweet spot for your boxes - in our bedroom closet. We have such a big closet and don't need much of it since we don't have many closes. If that gets full, I have 3 other bedroom closets! LOL.

    I thought you had plans to go to the Taste of Bloomington today. Did the weather keep you from going?

    I know what you about friends. I have had many come and some go. I do think that friends can actually go and still have a warm place in your heart. If you see them again, great, and if not, they still helped to shape what you are today, so they are friends :)

    Steve and I were pretty busy with the kids today and Aaron and Angie came later with Nate and Matt, so we had a house full for a few hours. Spencer decided to stay overnight :D So much for sleeping in tomorrow.

    Sounds like you did a lot of work today and I know you still have lots to do :( I wish I could take more time from work to help, but I just can't during quarter close until after the 3rd work day which is into the first week in July. Steve is going to be pretty busy next week looking for a job, but we will try to get down there next weekend.

    We have enjoyed spending time with you and helping you as much as we can. It is like I have gotten the chance to get to know you again :) I love that...just sorry for the circumstances.

    Love you lots and you are always welcome to come up here for the day, night, or both if you just want to get away for a few days. The RV could be hooked up out front with no problem.

    Take care. Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fix my link, please.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I did fix your link! Yay for me! :D I miss you and can't wait to cam with ya again! (Gotta get that thing fixed!)

    Net, that's great that you found a home for my stuff. I am hopeful that I'll be settling down at some point. Or maybe I'll just get a shed for my Tucson place and furnish it with antiques. LOL!

    I didn't go to the Taste, because it was raining.

    I am so grateful for all the help you two have given me over the past however many days, and, if I'm all done with the packing up when you come back next weekend, we'll just go shopping! LOL JUST KIDDING! I don't think I'll ever buy anything again!

    ReplyDelete