Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fire in the Hole

What a pretty day this was! I began it by walking up Holland Hill with Maddy, who is looking downright svelte, since I've been walking her every day instead of biking on some days and hiking on others without her. She has a noticeable waist now. I'll take a photo one of these times.

Steve came down and we worked more in the kitchen, boxing up stuff for "when Janee is no longer homeless" and bagging and boxing things for Goodwill. We made a Goodwill run, and then went to the Dollar Tree and found a bunch of boxes in their dumpster. Wooo hoo!

Steve left at about 12:30, charging me with listing some of my items for sale on eBay. I'd never done eBay before, but I had little trouble figuring out the basics of how to sell something. I don't know if it'll work or not -- if I'll actually sell anything -- but the only stuff that I'm selling is my really good stuff that I no longer need/want/have room for, so I obviously think that it'll sell.

So my auctions are HERE! This is my first go at this, so check 'em out and tell me how I can improve upon my listings. :)

This evening, DL came over and we burned a bunch of paper stuff that I would have had to shred otherwise. I'm not a fire person, but DL is! She dug a pit and kept stirring the fire with a shovel. Fire scares me, I have to say, but this wasn't too frightening.

After the fire was buried, we went to Lennie's and enjoyed a pizza, and it was great! I didn't get back home till 11pm. DL likes to eat supper late! Thing is, though, with it getting dark at close to 10 pm here these days, it's hard to think about supper when it looks like 3:00 outside.


5 comments:

  1. Hey sis. Great job on the ebay pictures! You can sure tell you are a pro at picture taking. Our pictures look like...well...not as good as yours! :) I don't edit the background out or anything.

    Why do you only have 5 things out there! You have so many more to put out there, get busy, what have you been doing? I work, what do you do? LOL

    Well, I didn't go to work today so I can come down and see you, and help some more. See you in a bit.

    Love sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janee, those shipping charges are going to kill sales. $11.99 for a blue plate that someone can buy for $.99 in the Dollar Store? Does it make sense to bundle some items together to get the shipping prices per piece down? I'm not an E-Bay person, but maybe someone who is can offer suggestions. Good luck,
    John

    Dontcha just love it when we readers offer advice? lol. We don't have to do the work.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, that "blue plate that someone can buy for .99 at the dollar store" ... that isn't just some ordinary blue plate! That is a collectible -- a vintage Fiestaware plate in cobalt blue! Speak about it with a bit of reverence, ok? Sheesh. ;)

    The shipping prices are actually in line with what other people are charging. And have you actually shipped anything lately? Fuel prices have hit hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janee, if they have liquor stores in your town, cruise them for empty boxes. They are just the right size, have nice dividers, and are sturdy. Besides, it'll make you look "interesting" to your neighbors when you settle somewhere and people see your empty moving boxes out front.

    Lynell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janee,
    My humble apology. I had no idea that Fiestaware was such a priceless thing. ;) $11.99 is a good price for a single plate if you are a collector. Amazon sells a placesetting of 4 pieces for $25 plus approx $9 shipping. So if you want a single plate, it is a good deal.

    I, on the other hand, am not into Fiestaware. I grew up with them. We gave away my mother's sets when she downsized her living arrangements. I lived with yellow and burnt orange for too many years. :) I could probably get a pretty penny for it on E-Bay nowadays.
    John

    ReplyDelete